Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Spotting/Sight Question. Binoculars?

A reply by the entity known as BTS in the post about targeting arty spotters brought a question to my mind that I had not considered before...

For game purposes, are some units assumed (programmed) sighting range based on having binoculars handy?

What Units would this include? (as they would obviously be the best units to sneak into an enemy overwatch position)

As I said, I had not considered this to be included in the game, but if it is... AWESOME!

Thanks!

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy... Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."

I guess this would mean HQ units, arty spotters, and sharpshooters (rifle scopes).

Do the German units get a spotting bonus due to their higher quality optics? wink.gif If not, BTS really needs to do somefink!

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Okay, this list certainly makes sense.

I already use Sharpshooters and HQ units in combo as my battlefield observers. I was called "Gamey" once for using Sharpshooters as scouts... but I shrugged it off after watching Saving Private Ryan again and noticing the sniper acting in this role in the end battle.

After all, if it was in a movie it MUST be true! smile.gif