Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mods and original files

Ok,newbie question here. If I understand correctly you install mods in your bmp folders. Does this over write your original files? Does it affect game play in anyway? I've only had the game a week or so, the more I play it the more I like it. The 3d environment is a lot more fun than the traditional views that I'm used to in Steel Panthers.

Thanks, John

Yes, mods for graphics will overwrite the originals, but you can always recopy them off the game cd or back them up. The do not in any way alter gameplay. They do however GREATLY improve the look and feel of the 3d battlefield and units involved. I would highly recommend. Yes, I'm a mod slut.

They might alter the speed of your graphics.

Some mods are high resolution => larger files => slower graphics (unless you have a graphics card of decent performance).

If you think the graphics are slow and twitching already, then I've made a set of very low resolution mods to increase the speed...

Cheers

Olle

Guest barrold713

Just a quick add-on to the correct statements above.

If you have a system that might not handle an all high-res mod replacement, you could just replace the vehicles and use the low-res mods for grass and terrain as a good compromise.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Guest Mikey D

Just be happy you don't have a mac. There are several extra hoops to jump through to extract and/or replace bmp files on the mac... but after the first few times the learning curve tends to flatten out.

Though I still haven't figured out how to replace sound files.

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

They might alter the speed of your graphics.

Some mods are high resolution => larger files => slower graphics (unless you have a graphics card of decent performance).

If you think the graphics are slow and twitching already, then I've made a set of very low resolution mods to increase the speed...

Cheers

Olle

Ah Ah ! Caught again, Mr NoResMod biggrin.gif !!

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM !! He wants your CM to look like South Park !!! eek.gif

Try a good dose of HiRes grass, don't smoke it though, and don't miss the somptuous Kitty's King Tiger (well, both are somptuous) smile.gif