Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

COMBAT MISSIONS: Still Wanted!!

1 x Experienced Scenario Designer - To write a comprehensive tutorial on CMBO Scenario Design. Starting from scratch and using illustrations where appropriate - produce a brand new scenario (Historically Based) and detail the steps involved - from gathering together research material, converting topo maps into CM landscape, using the map editor, play balancing tips and writing detailed and compelling briefings, the aim is to help other would-be Scenario Authors to produce high quality scenarios for CMBO.

1 x Experienced Mod Designer - Using illustrations where appropriate - give a step-by-step guide to the processes and techniques involved in transforming a stock CMBO vehicle graphic (of your choice) into an accurately based WWII camo design.

Both tutorials should end up with a finished product - 1 Historical Scenario and 1 AFV Mod that everyone can play/use.

I have already drawn up a shortlist (in my mind) of some of the people who i hope might 'apply' for these tutorials.

If anyone is interested in doing either of these articles then please contact me via e-mail.

What can i offer in return??? - Fame?, Fortune?...Beautiful Women falling at your feet!?...Well No - Absolutely Nothing!!...except for my gratitude and the knowledge that you will hopefully be helping others produce high quality work for, what is, The Best Wargame ever made!.

Thanks!.

ps - i can appreciate that this could involve quite a lot of work on the part of any individuals who are mad enough to volunteer for this, but there will be no deadlines and the work can be carried out at your leisure.

This has been resurrected from an old post - because i'm still looking!! frown.gif

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS - Resources For Combat Mission

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 01-30-2001).]

This has been resurrected from an old post - because i'm still looking!! frown.gif

I agree, in that I would love to mess around with mod'ing, but it HAS to be tougher than just throwing the bmp into Photoshop and fiddling with it... so I, too, would like someone to step forward and reveal (at least) the basic techniques.

------------------

***Sôphrosunê***

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Perhaps if you removed your insulting reference to a short list, you might have more applicants. Or even better, posted it so that no one has to go through the embarrassment of emailing you only to find that they didn't make your list.

Insulting? - You tell me whats wrong with me hoping that one of the major designers might offer to do this!. That doesn't belittle anyone else who's ever dabbled in scenario/mod design. It just means that i want someone who knows what their doing and can use the knowledge they have and pass it on to others. Nothing more...nothing less.

I have already drawn up a shortlist (in my mind) of some of the people who i hope might 'apply' for these tutorials.

If anyone is interested in doing either of these articles then please contact me via e-mail.

So...you offering? smile.gif