Type: Axis Attack

Date: July 6, 1943

Region: Central

Weather: Clear, Cool

Terrain: Dry

Wind: Still

Turns: 26

Background:

Early on the first day of Operation Citadel the difficulty and strength of the Soviet defenses became apparent. Layered infantry lines with anti-tank points and minefields awaited the Germans. The Soviet Stavka's extensive preparations for the summer offensive would reap precious German blood.

While most of 9th Army's infantry divisions struggled through the first defensive belt the 20th Panzer exploited a weak point at the town of Gnilets and was able to advance 3 miles in to the Soviet position.

On July 6th, the hell of the defensive belt behind it the 20th pz division raced foward to reach the high hills of Teploye.

The Soviet 15th Rifle Division deployed north from Teploye into the hills and rye fields to eliminate the Hitlerites.

Reference:

Kursk 1943, Mark Healy; The Battle of Kursk, Glantz

[ February 27, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Flammenwerfer ]

well I finished this battle last night-- I sorta lost by just a little-but it was fun now for a litle AAR warning this has a spoilers in the following..

.ok stayed with the designer setup as to unit placment -- the left arm of the three pronged attack was lost to flanking fire except for 4 HTs

the far right and the center did fine and advanced to the second flag of the town - I did not bother with assualting building much --usually I just blew them down--the two Panthers were the real saviour of the fight--but I lost them when as they were advancing on the second town flag a fleeing Russian infantry man ran behind them -- just one mind you --they both traversed their turrets to 6.00 and both were then lost -I hate that when that happens --after that my left over 3's and 4's had too much trouble with the remaining armor in the short few turns I had left. but it was fun and I will play agian -- as to the Panthers you might give a platoon instead of just two maybe some arty to the Axis but overall it was good

• 2 weeks later...