more then one download site.

I am wondering why everyone goes to Scenario Depot exclusively?

Scenario depot isn't the only place to get scenarios.

Both combatmission.com and wargamer.com have uploads.

It doesn't make sense to use just one if you want to be seen.

I can't believe there are so many scens on Scen Depot and yet only 6 at wargamer.com.

I know I want mine on as many sites as possible. If 50 people upload 50 scens on one site, the first few are going to be buried. When I get them finished.

Why one? Because, the Depot, whatever its flaws, does a better job making scenarios avaliable than anywhere else.

Not that there are not others--the various scenario design teams floating about the web and personal sites with personal battles.

WWB

xerxes what are the disadvantages?

I am not criticizing SD at all. I have old CMBO scens there as a matter of fact. I'm just saying that for maximum exposure, multiple sites seem the way to go.

As for disadvantages of multiple site uploads the only one I can see is different upload requirements can be bothersome.

[ January 10, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Master Dullard aka flyingcursor ]

Well, you do make a good point there.

I guess I may not appreciate the extent to which SD is browsed.

I will admit that being able to look at just about every user made scen in one site is certainly a bonus.

I think I'm more concerned with being buried beneath a deluge.

Anyway I was just curious. This wasn't an attack on anyone or any web site, just a question for scenario designers.

What's really important is where the players are going to be looking. If nobody is going to other sites it's a waste of time to post them elsewhere.

Admiral Keth, I hope you didn't think this was a slam against your site. If so then my apologies.

Especially since I will have a half a dozen scens to upload within a few weeks !!!

[ January 10, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Master Dullard aka flyingcursor ]

Originally posted by ZOR58:

I actually like having all the scenarios at one site. I don't have to go all over the net looking for them and I can use the lists to pick out ones that interest me.

Exactly. It's a pain in the a$$ to run all over the place searching for scenarios. Then you have to compare the ones you've already dl'd to the ones you find and determine if you already have it. A single site, a staggering # of scenarios - SD just makes sense.

Heh, I was just looking at some of my old CMBO Scenario Database versions, and at one point there were 27(!) websites that had scenarios on them.

This is one of the reasons I gave up on it, as it took waaay too much time to check for new scenarios on all of them on a regular basis.

Long live the Scenario Depot! Btw Admiral (if you're reading this)...check your mail.

Harv