Who is working on SL/ASL Scenarios?

Played Hill 621 great scenario!

Blew the dust off of my ASL stuff. Looked at some of scenerios. What great stuff.Did'nt play all of them, missing some of them :(

One of favorites(can't remember the number)

is when the russian player has KV's and I

think some T-28's and tries to exit of the map.

German has some AT's and a 88. I can remember rolling and my KV's breaking down. Great scenario.

The Capture of Balta is done, Breakout of Borisov is done, two version one the aforementioned and one titled Berezina River made for solo play. Sowchos (sp)79 is done and Hill 621 from SL. All available at The Depot.

Paw of the Tiger is in play testing and will be avbailable at The Depot soon. ASLveteran is also working up many of the scenarios at this time

[ November 10, 2002, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Abbott:

[QB]The Capture of Balta is done, Breakout of Borisov is done, two version one the aforementioned and one titled Berezina River made for solo play. Sowchos (sp)79 is done and Hill 621 from SL. All available at The Depot.

I had a look for these but only found Hill 621 - do the others have their original SL/ASL names or have they got different ones?

I started on 'The Hedgehog at Peipsk' but then thought it would be useful to have a look at other peoples SL map conversion efforts. The capture of Balta was one of may favourite SL scenarios, along with 'The Agony of Doom' which came in the same General as 'Block Busting in Bobruisk' IIRC.

Cheers

Martin

I have done several of the SL/COI scenarios. They have been pretty extensively playtested and are looking great.

Tonight, I plan to release SL13 - The Capture of Balta; SL14 - Paw of the Tiger; and SL16 - Sowchos 79 to the Scenario Depot.

Note that there are two 'Hill 621' scenarios at teh Depot -- one titled 'Hill 621' and one titled 'SL5 - Hill 621'. I did the latter, which was extensively playtested by several members of the community.

I am trying to keep the SL# as part of the name to help people find these scenarios easier.

After this evening's release, I am going to tackle a couple of more SL conversion scenarios, then move to a series regarding the battles in the Taman peninsula.

Steve

[ November 11, 2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cast Iron:

One of favorites(can't remember the number)

is when the russian player has KV's and I

think some T-28's and tries to exit of the map.

German has some AT's and a 88. I can remember rolling and my KV's breaking down. Great scenario.

I converted that one, it can be found here:

Scenario Depot

would like to hear your comments

[ November 27, 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by GJK:

How's the 1.01 update of your scenario coming along? I'd be anxious to play it once it's been tweaked out.

If you are talking to me, its been ready since the 23rd.

AI replayability is not great unless you lose the first couple times.

A couple things scenario design notes I forgot:

Most roads were taken off the map, as there is supposed to be "no road movement bonus"

The year of the scenario was bumped up a year so the 37mm gun could have some HEAT rounds, though the original scenario states it too place in June 41. If you have trouble downloading it, email me at cw@ponyshow.com

If I get further comments on the scenario, I will further refine it.

[ November 28, 2002, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Symposium - you can change the date under parameters, purchase some equipment allowed during that date, then change the parameters back so the scenario "takes place" in the time period that your equipment isn't available.

For example, if you are doing a June 1941 scenario, but want to include a King Tiger - set the parameters for June 1944, buy the King Tiger, then go back to parameters and change back to June 1941 - the King Tiger stays in the game even though the parameters are set for a date it is not available.

You can do this as many times as you want.

This way, you could get those HEAT rounds for the 37 and still keep the date of the scenario consistent.

Just a helpful tip in case you didn't know it.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

[QB]Symposium - you can change the date under parameters, purchase some equipment allowed during that date, then change the parameters back so the scenario "takes place" in the time period that your equipment isn't available.

/QB]

I tried that, but it takes away the HEAT rounds upon reverting to the original date. :(

[ November 28, 2002, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by Backslash:

The Commissars House, Please smile.gif

I have sent you my version of The Commissar's House that is currently undergoing testing. It uses the actual historical location from the Red Barricades map (I think it was put out in one of the ASL Annuals). If you want Stalingrad 'lite' you can always try "Streets of Stalingrad" that I have put up at the Scenario Depot.

• 2 weeks later...

I started to throw together a conversion of "The Citadel" for my own amusement a while back, and foolishly thought, "I wonder if there's anywhere on the Web that would show me what the Brest fortress really looked like." Of course I found just enough info to really get interested in making the map and forces accurate, while not finding enough detail to actually do it!

Can anyone point me to Web sites or books that have period photos/maps of the fortress? I found several sites with recent photos, but am having a heck of a time figuring out which of the open areas in those shots were open in 1941, and where buildings were destroyed in the battle. Haupt's "AG Center" has one photo, which will be helpful once I can determine what part of the citadel is shown...