AI

Valgua

I rate it as one of the best for wargames when it comes to attacking (most scenarios have you on the defense and the programmed opponent attacking).

However, it is not a self-adjusting AI and it can only play the premade scenarios, or specific variations of it.

• 2 years later...
I rate it as one of the best for wargames when it comes to attacking (most scenarios have you on the defense and the programmed opponent attacking).

However, it is not a self-adjusting AI and it can only play the premade scenarios, or specific variations of it.

Hey Redwolf. Care to elaborate a little regarding the AI? Is it similar to CM:SF with a preplanned scheme, but with tactical AI adjusting to changing battlefield conditions?

I feel like digging into a some old school 2D tactical wargame and I figured purchasing TacOps 4 would be a good idea. I wonder though, what can be expected for single player scenarios?

Can you set up any kind of forces and pit them together?

Can you specify objectives for the AI (like capture and hold)?

Some insight would be much appreciated.

Best regards.

Well I figured it out. After finding out about MajorH view on messy DRM copy protections, I decided to give it a try and support him. Boy was that a good decision :)

TacOps is unusually easy to get into and the tactical AI is way better then I expected. I started out with Team Savage and had to try it three times before winning. I didn't do the tut (yet) but I'm no wargaming n00b either. Hot damn the M1A1 kicks butt in this sim. At least until OPFOR flanked me with ATGM units *DOH*

Overall, great wargame! I salute you MajorH.