Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM on Ebay

Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

Thats really funny. It's up to $30, has 6 days left and the person couldn't just pay a little more and support BTS? Hasn't anyone heard of the "Dollar-votes" concept?

[This message has been edited by Guy w/gun (edited 01-28-2001).]

I say we all get hotmail addies and spam the top bidder. LOLOL!!!!!

(Did I say that?)

Let's face it, a majority of the people that buy things on eBay are fools. Now I'm not trying to insult anybody here, I have bought quite a few things on eBay myself. But a lot people don't do even the slightest bit of research before they bid on stuff. Go look at the prices people pay for computer hardware and then look up the price on www.pricewatch.com if you don't believe me. I'd say that a vast majority of the time people pay more to some guy selling on eBay than they would have paid to a reputable company by just buying it outright. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that CM auction goes over what you could buy it for from BTS.

Oh, and by the way, if you really want to be shocked at what people will pay for items on eBay take a look at what some people have paid for items that don't actually exist! I've seen "virtual" things go for thousands of dollars. I played Ultima Online for three years and saw these auctions on a regular basis. People would pay thousands of real life dollars for things that only existed in the game world, like "rare" items or big buildings.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

I've OFTEN sold games on EBaY, and received very nearly the store price for them! In fact, I've occasionally received retail price for a used game...

I have no idea WHY people bid like that, but it makes me happy! smile.gif

Good points - it is a convenience store for people with too much money. Me included. I've bought lots of dreck. That's what it's for.

I sold a chauffeur's pin that I got for free - a little button about 1 inch in diameter - for about 80 dollars Canadian. I wasn't complaining then!