Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Cut down all trees...they are a MENACE !!!!

Just a funny story of me playing as Allies in "Chance Encounter". I have played this scenario as Axis before, so i new a bit about the units and los they had (call me a dirty cheater smile.gif

Anyway, i decided that my Shermans would be at their best when put in the "meadow" facing the building near the x-roads. Thank god i was right. 2 Stugs were kos. The other Stug however managed to park at the other side of the building, robbing me of my 3 in a row. Since i had most of my inf in the woods in front of this building, i got a bit upset. One lousy Axis-infsquad managed to get into these woods, showing this one Stug were my hq's were camping. The bastard loaded HE, the mortars took position, and my hq did nothing but wait for the things to come. Well, unluckily for them, it came....fast. The first shots from both Stug and mortars made my man drop to the ground like a bunch of cowards. The other rounds made them jump up again..shame they jumped about 20 feet in the air while exploding(somehow i think the mortars had something to do with that smile.gif.

After the suffering in the woods (i never trust a tree as cover again) i decided this sillyness had to end. I sent one of Shermans down the road to finish this Stug off. Then i noticed that the Stug was WAY too close to the building. He wouldn't have a chance shooting me if i would speed by. How come? I'll tell ya.

The space between the Sug and the building was about 1 feet. If he wants to target me he has to turn (since i will be speeding by smile.gif. Problem for him...he couldn't turn without moving 5 feet because of this building. In the time he would have managed to turn, my Sherman would be able to shoot at least 3 times at him. Not only that, when moving he would lose the cover of the building, allowing my other Shermans to flank him...sneaky me no? smile.gif

To make a long story short, i started rambling down the road. The Stug had to change HE for AP, i fired 2 rounds...Stug burning, commander burning, ooh joy and happyness smile.gif

When the Sherman was celebrating this slightly "Wittman" victory, a schreck managed to unleash a round, and that was the last i have seen/heard from the crew.

So what have we learned from this?

a)Trees suck

b)Stugs suck

c)Schrecks suck

d)my tactic sucks

e)my storytelling sucks

The end

Guest Big Time Software

Gee, with all those lessons learned we should be greatful that you have returned wink.gif Seriously, your experiences are ones I went through (painfully!) a while back. Treebursts are terrible, and so is a tank that has no turret when being flanked. Just never seen this sort of stuff in other games so I was caught a bit flat footed wink.gif

Steve