loading units

twiggzz

Sorry i should have put this in the first post but I forgot. Is there a way to have the carl gustav or any laaws to engage entrenchments? Also is there a way to have units to lay down suppresive fire without actually seeing the units. so long as the units can see the area that they are trying to suppress that is.

The feature to load bombs 'on' infantry units is to simulate suicide bombers using the civilian

'infantry' units. Car bombs are possible too. Of course you can use them with engineers to simulate demolition charges as well.

Units cannot fire on the entrenchment markers nor can the entrenchment markers be reduced. Units only fire on other units.

Suppressive fire is also not currently modeled in the way you are desiring. It is however on the wish list. Suppression results from a unit being taken under fire. A unit that is fired on will either be killed (skull marker), suppressed (S marker), or nothing will happend. You should also be aware that a kill in TacOps in not always a kill. Sometimes it can be the soldier who goes to ground for the duration of the fight. Other times it is the soldier who is wounded and thus out of action, or the soldier who runs away. Vehicle kills are similar. A kill may not be a catastrophic explosion but the crew is 'killed' or damage is suffered sufficient to make it useless in game terms.

Thanks for the response. How do you decide if there are dead or wounded(killed or immobilized veh.) do you roll dice like on board games after the action phase?? could you please let me know how you go about that I would really like to check that out. thanks in advance.

You generally ignore it. In game terms, a killed vehicle or soldier has the same impact as one who "found something better to do" for the duration of the battle. They aren't useful to you in accomplishing your mission.

If you wanted to graft some sort of longer campaign, then you would need to come up with something, but as it stands right now, the casualties are not differentiated.

While you can't engage in speculative suppressive fire, you can assign direct fire TRPs (is that what they're called?) Anyway, you can have units concentrate on a particular location, which will make it more likely that they will engage enemy units there.