Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BTS: Be Careful

Steve: It is not my intent to restart any debates but since you closed the Open Letter thread before I had a chance to read everything, I feel I need to say that, while your first post in that thread was a brilliant satire, those words may come back to haunt you in some way. As BTS and CM become more known in the industry, jealousy will arise from some quarters and they could take your words in that post out of context. As one who deals in software developments and legal matters, I think it might be prudent to remove that particular post.

Respectfully,

Steve Clark

Your concern for BTS's sake is to be commended, Steve. But when one considers the overall context of how the initial post in that thread (and a few others over this last week) have challenged BTS in saying "You guys still haven't been doing enough", I think that Steve G's satirical reply was spot-on.

Perhaps you may be right that other rival wargame makers might try to quote from that satire. But I also THINK that the very tight & limited group of historical wargamers are more impressed with results from a product game (and attached support) than attempts at innuendo by rival producers. Jim Rose's implied statement in 1999 that the Wargamer web site had a "biased agenda" against Koger's TOAW game looked only foolish to me.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the thoughts. I think that Spook has the counter measure already in mind smile.gif Basically, if our words are taken out of context there will be quite a number of folks giving whoever might be foolish enough to do such a thing a real working over smile.gif One of the cool things about this BBS is that it never forgets, and therefore a link to the thread in question is all that is needed to clear things up.

OK, I am going to close this one up just so we can move on from this. No offense meant to Steve at all.

Steve