Goodwood simulation

coe

I tried somewhat simulating Col. Hans Von Luck's 88mm battery being brought into action against the British at Goodwood. I put four 88 Flak version (as the 88's were flak). They were in trees/woods and about 1800m away from British Cromwells. The victory flags were such that the cromwells had to expose their flank to the 88s to get to them.

According to Von Luck, he lost no 88s and the 88's must have chewed up like 20 of them, that didn't happen and I had two 88's knocked out - note I was using elite crews while the British had regular.....

hmmmm......but it was cool seeing and hearing the 88s fire their salvos....

c.

I think that one of the first rules of CM historical scenarios is: Don't expect 'em to play out the same way they did IRL.

Many, many threads about the Villers-Bocage op. prove this smile.gif

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Even an accurate historical recreation of a battle never guarantees the same ending, Coe.

In fact, many battles, if the hands of time could be turned back, might have had entirely different endings if fought again.

Victory in war often comes from what some would consider a string of insignificant events in themselves, but put together form a recipe for victory or disaster.

No better example than the Battle of Midway, where so many "little" things changed the course of the war in the Pacific.

You can mirror a battle. You cannot mirror the outcome. Another agony for the scenario designer wink.gif

Wild Bill

Just to say i've made quite a few custom battle's that are suidice mission's for the computer. Nothing like seeing a column of tiger's and panzers getting hit by a dozen 17 pounder's hidden in some trees on a ridge.

am i the only sicco here ?