Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A Demo Sound Problem

Guest Bobb

I just reconfigured another game to work with my new system's sound card, a Creative Lab's Soundblaster. It now works. I have dead silence with the demo. The system has Directx 6.1 -- I would appreciate any suggestions.

PS: My search either missed any previous help or there wasn't any. That is still a big bunch of posts to work through and such answers are often buried deep in some thread having nothing to do with your question originally.

Uhh... Is that a Creative Labs SoundBlaster LIVE or just a SoundBlaster 16 ?

If your card is a LIVE then you should download/install LIVE 3.0. I had complete silence from my game until I installed the 3.0 software.

If your card is a SoundBlaster 16 then the previous suggestion of reducing the "audio hardware acceleration" may help.

If you have another SoundBlaster card then you may want to download the latest drivers from here (by selecting your operating system & card type - if you don't know what card you have look for the "CTxxxx" number and look through tech support to identify it with that number):

http://www.soundblaster.com/support/files/download.asp

Basically Direct X 6.1 should have most of the SoundBlaster updates that would seem to be necessary, except for the newer software-oriented PCI soundcards.