Simulation-style Views

After enjoying one of the most engrossing, tense wargaming sessions ever in my first run through as the Amis in VoT, I'm in awe of Combat Mission. Well done BTS!

Having done a Search, I didn't see this suggestion in particular, but I may have missed it.

For CM2, is there any consideration for greater view options, paralleling what has been available for flight-sims? The action at ground level is just amazing, but many dramatic views are hard to set up with the current interface.

For example, the old Microprose sims had the following options as "standard"

+ Player-to-Target

+ Target-to-Player

+ Outside View (rotatable and zoomable on a given object)

+ Missile View (from the warhead as it flew)

Some of the later DiD sims also were experimenting with an "Action View", which dynamically snapped to where the hottest action was occuring on the battlefield.

Again, not to slight what looks to be a great game, but just some suggestions for the next version to make it even more immersive. Keep up the good work.

Chris

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by istari:

Some of the later DiD sims also were experimenting with an "Action View", which dynamically snapped to where the hottest action was occuring on the battlefield.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, this can already be implemented or "viewed" with the VCR style movie controls. Watch one battle take place here, rewind and then move and watch another battle elsewhere.

Yes, it's a bit manual, but that is just the way it works with CM. An automatic jump to a "hot spot" would get a bit confusing really, IMHO.