Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Watch out for that 76mm in the window!

I know this has already probably been brought up and yeah, I'm to lazy to look but why is it that field guns can't be placed in buildings. Now I'm not going to say "Close Combat does it,naah naah" nor do I wish to hear, "well Johnno there is a reason they are called 'field guns'."

Also, I believe it is usually not very strategically wise to put them in buildings as buildings are 'Major' targets but why did CM leave it out?

If you make a scenario with the editor, place the cannon then place a building where the cannon is placed I found it can be done. Although I'm not sure if the game is 100% stable after this.

Let me know if you can someone who know, more wise than I please.

Johnno

Johnno

Visit my website:

Dogs of War,CMBO Online Players Club

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"I like a man who grins when he fights."

- Prime Minister Winston Churchill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> biggrin.gif

In that case, maybe it could be implemented for defenders in assault scenarios only. Like the digging in option for vehicles you could also leave it up to the designer of a scenario to toggle this ability on and off.

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Would'nt a pillbox be the same as a gun inside a building? If you put a 75mm or 88mm gun in a building you're going to have to reinforce the structure so the concussion does'nt bring the building down and you will want to improve the defensive structure of the building so it's not so easy to knock out the gun. Can you put a pillbox and a building in the same location?

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Guest Madmatt

These questions have all been brought up before and all answered by me before.

Yes, you can place, bunkers guns and even tanks in houses, but only through the editor.

Search if you want to learn how... smile.gif

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-29-2000).]