Full Defilade

Guest KeyserSoze

Guest KeyserSoze

I preformed a search on the subject with few results so...

If a tank is in full defilade (tank out of LOS) behind a ridge but the commander of the tank is looking over the ridge, will the tank have LOS?

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

The way i see it is that if your tank commander has LOS then your tank will show LOS when you use the LOS tool. If the LOS tool shows no LOS then your tank & commander do not have LOS to the target.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest *Captain Foobar*

It was explained at one point that LOS in vehicles is calculated from near the center of the vehicle. It is important to realise this when prosecuting a tank duel. You can stick your barrel over the crest of the hill, but the "center point" must have LOS for the vehicle to have LOS. Its not a huge impact on the game, as long as you understand how to use it.

Also, vehicles that are less than 50% exposed to an enemy are considered out of LOS. peeking out more than 50% will be in LOS. When you think of all the calculations necessary in the game, this is a reasonable abstraction IMO.

If I got any of that wrong, correct me on it. I want to know for my own benefit also.

I think you've got it mostly right, Foobar. One thing that I remember from way back when though, is that there are two LOS 'spots' on vehicles. One at the center of the vehicle, and one at the center of the turret. If bot or shown, the vehicle is in full view. If only the turret one is shown, it's hull down.

That being said, I know the answer to the original question is no. I remember Steve stating that explicitly. If I wasn't to lazy, I'd do the search for it wink.gif