Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

M10 Ignores Incoming Tank fire - Bug?

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I posted this over at the tech support section as it may be a Tac Ai Bug ? I am not sure.

I had a M10 (Regular)in hide mode and i set up a ambush marker for him to target on a road.

2 turns later an enemy tank pulls up from behind a house maybe 60 to 80 meters away from the marker. The enemy tank is in full LoS and my M10 is unbuttoned....The enemy tank starts to fire. ..once...... ....then twice.. ..narrowly missing, but my M10 just sits there staring at the Ambush Marker? At the end of the turn i have to cancel the target to the marker and issue a reverse order and to tell him to target the enemy tank, but too late - he pays the ultimate price for it.

I am not sure if this behaviour is correct, surely if a life threatening situation arrises and a tank is under fire self preservation would tell the tank to at least target the enemy and return fire?

Is this a bug or is it abnormal behaviour? Or maybe i should avoid ambush markers especialy when it is known for opponents to see my ambush markers (Happened in other pbem games not this one)

Any thoughts guys?

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Hmmm...

If he was in hide mode, it's still possible he never spotted the enemy tank, even after it fired twice at him.

Add the focus to the ambush marker and his spotting ability becomes even less.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

I've had about as much luck with ambushes as with area fire; meaning none at all.

When you focus on an ambush marker or an area target it seems that the shooter *never* breaks contact with the marker/area even when he comes under fire. There was some discussion on this a while back(search for sticky and marker, maybe?).

Best solution for it that I've found is to not use ambushes except in very, very specific circumstances when you know the enemy is coming at the marker and you know that no suprise enemies will pop in and attack from either a distance or from a spot other than near the marker.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

I have learned the hard way to avoid armour ambushes frown.gif

I just tried a search for "sticky marker" and came up with one thread.........this one smile.gif

I guess its just not my lucky day!

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I've had the same experience. Infantry ambushes work well, for the most part, but armor ambushes only seem useful when you can boresight an area that constitutes a bottleneck that enemy traffic must pass through while your units sit somewhere safe. The moral of the story is don't use 'em unless you can't be flanked.