Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Does anybody know if..re turret rotation speed..

iggi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

If two tanks are right next to each other, is turret rotation speed slowed down?

I think this happens around woods to simulate turrets having trouble traversing. Does it happen near houses or other tanks/vehicles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno 'bout that (although the woods thing makes sense)

I was just marvelling at the speed of the Churchill turret... crept around a house and the damn turret cranked around 90 degrees and started blasting... never noticed how fast the turret traversed before!!

1)My tests clearly show that tanks in woods rotate slower than tanks in clear.

2)Having tanks right next to each other does not seem to slow rotation rate.

Artillery spotters

My tests show that FOs out of LOS suffer from a longer delay plus a less accurate fire pattern.

The VERY surprising discovery that I made was that if you move an FO that already has a target in LOS after he was out of LOS, the only negative is about a 10 sec addition to the fire delay. The fire pattern comes in nice and tight.

So why pray tell would I expose my FO to a 2min delay in LOS of the enemy when I can run him in just before the strike arrives and get just as accurate fire pattern.

Thoughts?

iggi

Well Iggi I just noticed that too. Doesnt seem overly unrealistic to me...CO radios FO with coordinates, the FO radios the mission to the battery, battery prepares the mission. FO runs up, recons the target, and sends in adjusments?

As for why you wouldn't run in and call a mission, well that really does depend, doesn't it? Sometimes running around can be damned hazardous as opposed to hiding back in the woods. I'm always a bit paranoid with my spotters, especially that 155 mm deal I spent all my points on smile.gif Plus sometimes you dont need/want such a tight pattern...

------------------

As the victors define history, so does the majority define sanity...