Hmmm, Do rockets go with Tigers? They do now! Wed. Update on CMHQ

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Part 2 of the ongoing AIR ATTACK feature is now available. I warned you that Tiger would be coming back for more!

New Quick Tactic is also available. its Quick and its a Tactic! What do you want from us?!? biggrin.gif

Lots of good stuff in the very distant horizon but you have to be good and eat your vegetables or NO dessert! wink.gif

You know who Loves You!

Madmatt out...

Keeping the teaming masses frothing since 1908... cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

No, the silhouettes are generic.

Think about it, if it carries 2 500 lbers and a load of rockets does it really matter if its a P51 or a P47 (assuming armament is the same).

Having 1 generic plane silhouette means faster play for everyone.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Madmatt

Just for the record I just shot down a plane and you do not get a message like you do with a tank kill! But you get a cool explosion, or least there was a nice airburst effect I hadn't seen before! I will post this picture soon!

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Never really thought it mattered ("long hair, short hair, it's all the same, once yer head's blowed off" -Firesign Theater) but with the other attention to detail we're seeing I had to ask.

Regarding using AA on ground targets, I know that some AA had stops installed to prevent gun depression past a certain point. Target fixation could cause AA fire to track into friendlies- and this was a big problem when AA was installed around airfields, as they could inadvertently shoot up the planes they were there to defend. The stops were removable but I don't know how quickly.

MATT!!!

Sorry, your right- I blew up the picture and the label just reads "Fighter Bomber 819mm". Just got a little excited, you know how it is with incoming... still, the label is awfully close to a Hit Results tag, but I'll say no more... mum's the word...(you gotta admit it would be cool).