Unfair AI tank paths.

Recently i was playing the recapture of Paris by the French.I am not sure of the exact name of the particular battle so please forgive me.Anyhow,I was playing as the germens.I witnessed several AI Shermen tanks moving through buildings.Not around but straight through.I was under the impression that tanks could not go through buildings in the game.I tried doing it myself but was mnot allowed.

Has anyone else seen this happen?Is this normal?

Guest Michael emrys

I haven't seen any tanks go straight through any buildings, but in a QB I am currently playing, one of my M8 HMCs decided things were getting a little too hot, what with a Tiger on the battlefield, and decided to reverse until the rear third of his vehicle was buried in a house. I decided that it was a case of the house graphic not showing the true dimensions of the house.

Could the tanks you refer to have been skirting the edge of the actual house but the graphic made it appear that they were going *through* it?

Michael

A. Make sure your unit scaling is normal, not one of the magnified settings.

B. The graphics are a representation of what's going on in the underlying engine, so while the graphics of the tanks may overlap and go partially into a building, or overlap other vehicles, they are not doing that as far as the game engine is concerned.

As stated before, did the tank go right down the middle, or did part of the tank overlap into a side or edge of the building?

I've seen it overlap partially, but I've never seen an AI or human vehicle go completely into a building.

I have seen tanks and vehicles do what you refer to.Bieng partially in a building.But what i saw was a tank,controlled by the ai drive straight through a building,not skirt around it but right through.I was on trench cam directly in front of the tank as it emergred from the middle of the building.I do not have it on one of the magnified settings.Is this a glitch?Is it my cpu?Or a special ai only secret weapon.Like laser guided mg bullets in close combat?

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It is possible that it was a sound contact.The tanks were grey in appearence with question mark on them.Does it matter?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it was probably a sound contact. As JoePrivate stated, a sound contact is just where your men THINK a enemy unit is, based on what they hear. If they say that it sounds like it's 500m that-a-way, and 500m that-a-way just happens to be a building, then they will say that it sounds like it's in a building. They trust you to be smart enough to know that it isn't actually in a building. smile.gif

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

Guest Michael emrys

Sure. Easy. Happens all the time. Only thing surprising is that they didn't think it was a Tiger, which is what they usually do.

Michael