PzIV AAMG

ntg84

If you mean the Fliegerbeschußgerät 41, well, it's not just a Pz IV thing. ALL german armor was supposed to be fitted with it by army order, and I have pictures of AA MGs on everything from Pz II, Pz III, PzIV, Pz V to Pz VI, yes, even Königstiger and Jagdtiger were supposed to have a FlaMG, like, the Jagdtiger on the Fliegerdrehstütze 36 mount. In theory, after June 1944 all tanks to leave production were to have the AA mount, and all field maintenance units were advised to refit the existing tanks that didn't have the AA mounts yet.

So far for theory. How much the AA mounts on late-war tanks were actually the case I am not to judge. But, to keep in the context of CMBO and the original post, as an example reportedly ALL Pz IVH of the 12. SS PzDiv had been equpipped with the FlaMG already as early as March 1944.

As far as I can see, in the game the AA MG is missing from all german tanks.

In conclusion, your question is a good one and justified, although it has to be modified as to include all german tanks.

Probably a design decision by BTS. IMO suboptimal since the FlaMG was of course also used against ground targets.

In early war models, the AA mount accepted the vehicle's internal machine guns, but in the late FlaMG concepts we are talking here, the AA MG was yet another additional machine gun, besides the coax and the bow (if applicable). Current modeling of german tanks in CM effectively robs them of one machine gun.

yours sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

------------------

"Do want a game that works???" (CPT Stransky)

[rectified re. minor typos]

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 09-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

Ok...

Why is there not AAMG's on tanks that were supposed to be equiped with one? And if this is a seperate mod in the field, why can we not have the option to buy one with an extra MG for some more points?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the code only has so many weapons slots available? we had this problem in SP2.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Make way evil, I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw 1:

Maybe the code only has so many weapons slots available? we had this problem in SP2.

Regards, John Waters

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This doesn't explain it. Most Shermans have 3 mgs (bow, coax, flex) and the main gun. German tanks have the main and 2 mgs (bow, coax). Why can't a flexable AA be added to Germans?

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanir:

This doesn't explain it. Most Shermans have 3 mgs (bow, coax, flex) and the main gun. German tanks have the main and 2 mgs (bow, coax). Why can't a flexable AA be added to Germans?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do the Shermans have their 50Cal on the turret mount? I never saw a graphic for it so never noticed. Wouldn't an AAMG require adding an MG34 & mount graphics on the coupala?.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

Do the Shermans have their 50Cal on the turret mount? I never saw a graphic for it so never noticed. Wouldn't an AAMG require adding an MG34 & mount graphics on the coupala?.

Regards, John Waters

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the 50cal's on an AA mount but there is no graphical represntation

Do the Shermans have their 50Cal on the turret mount? I never saw a graphic for it so never noticed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tracers from it is clearly visible when it's under attack from German aircraft.

Most Allied AFVs have these AAMGs, but none(?) of their German counterparts.

I noticed this when I did a test battle with lots of aircraft to see how well they could identify targets. (Very well, it turned out, no friendly fire there...)

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

Yes the 50cal's on an AA mount but there is no graphical represntation<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm Interesting wonder why the German AAMG was left off since I never saw a graphic for the 50cal on the Sherman I just assumed AAMG's had been omitted.

Do they fire the 50 at Inf etc or only aircraft?.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

Hmm Interesting wonder why the German AAMG was left off since I never saw a graphic for the 50cal on the Sherman I just assumed AAMG's had been omitted.

Do they fire the 50 at Inf etc or only aircraft?.

Regards, John Waters

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I guess we know which side you like to play John wink.gif They shoot it at infanty every chance they get as long as they're unbuttoned.

It is a bit of a puzzle why only allied tanks have AA mgs. Historicly the Germans would have had much greater use for them in '44-45.

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanir:

Well, I guess we know which side you like to play John wink.gif They shoot it at infanty every chance they get as long as they're unbuttoned.

It is a bit of a puzzle why only allied tanks have AA mgs. Historicly the Germans would have had much greater use for them in '44-45.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Aye, their's no PzKpfw IV or Stug's on the Allied side biggrin.gif. I'll tell you this though when I do play the US its like I'm playing a new game I get all into it, worrying bout my poor shermans etc.

Best 2 games I ever had were as the US playing 2 of Bill's creation's & Op & a scen, they were great times.

Regards, John Waters

------------------