What other computer games do we all play? (Poll)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have enjoyed Antietam And Gettysburg As well as Age of Rifles which I still feel is the best 19th Century all purpose game out there. The Steel Panther's series is still on the ole hard drive as well. Combat Mission has kept me busy for the last three weeks. I love this game.

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarity"

Well im still waiting for my copy of CM to arrive...

currently though:

Close Combat 2,3,4

Fifa soccer 2000

European Air War

Age of Empires

Rally Masters

Championship Manager 3

GTA2

I can hardly wait for "SILENT HUNTER 2" to be released in Australia...

by the way is there a "European Air War 2"

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Sadly not only is there not a European Air War 2, there never will be. Hasbro Interactive (who owns Microprose) in their infinite wisdom is getting out of the realistic simulator business altogether after the release of B-17 II. Their first action toward this end was to fire the entire Falcon 4.0 development staff right before Christmas last year.

*IX*Angela Deth

Playing...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Combat Mission

<LI>Rally Championship 2000

<LI>Hidden and Dangerous

<LI>Shogun:Total War

<LI>Enemy Engaged:Commanche Vs Hokum

<LI>Rogue Spear:Urban Ops

Waiting For...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Rogue Spear Covert Ops

<LI>B17 II

<LI>IL2 Sturmovik

<LI>Team Fortress II

<LI>SWAT3 Multiplayer add on

------------------

-Rookie

Cactus Air Force Homepage

I heard that Halo will ONLY appear on the X-box. It might come to the pc, but probably not now that Microsoft owns it.

Also, if you have the machine for it (PIII), Deus Ex is a great game. Silent Hunter II should be coming out sometime around Christmas, that will be a cool game.

Guest JAZZA

Back in the day on c64 hehe- skate or die

and pirates,used to have a few hundred games on c64,can't hardly remember them.

On amiga- north and south and a ww1 flight sim that i can't remember the name of.

Some pc games i've enjoyed are-

command and conquer

master of orion

syndicate wars

warcraft

rainbow six

rogue spear

red baron

european airwar

steel panthers series

age of empires series

currently i'm only playing cm and colin mcrae rally 2.0 on psx

some games i am looking forward to are

rogue spear-covert ops

teamfortress2

and of course cm2

Current:

CM

Starsiege

Recently:

Alligiance

Tachyon

Imperium Galactica2

Pax Imperium: Eminent Domain

Past:

Mech Warrior 2

Mech Merc

CC3 & 4

East Front

Longbow & Longbow2

M1Tank Plt Ldr2

Civ2

Alpha Centauri

MOO2

whole bunch of others :)

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

Well both Panzer Campaigns Smolensk and Normandy 44 is on my list, CC 1-4 also ranked pretty high.

One of the great games I´m waithing for is Road to Moscow, looks like a real good game.

Security is like oxygen, you tend not to notice it until you begin loosing it, but once that occurs there is nothing else you can think about.

------------------

In god we trust, the rest we monitor...

von Schalburg

All I play currently is CM (ok ok I admit I sometimes jump onto a UT server, but only so I can yell "Ya like that?").

Since Mace fears CM and can't load it onto his computer (the frilly lace clogged his CD-ROM). We are playing a RPG version of M.U.L.E. without a gamemaster.

It's awesome I'm a half-elf, cross dressing Wampuss hunter! Mace is pain at times 'cause he keeps trying to be a gender-neutral Wampuss instead of the drawven street walker/miner that he began as in the campaign.

Basic game play is as follows, we argue a lot about who has the better character, till the pirates arrive and I sell Mace to them as interstellar boy-toy.

Later,

Muzzlehead

PS No wampuss were actually hurt in the making of this post, though one Mace was seriously bruised. Kiss them Biceps Baby!

Oh God, where do I start...anyway, I'm a total video game addict, and here are a few of my favorites :

For the Atari 1040 :

Flight Simulator (my first game)

Captive

M1 Tank Platoon

Railroad Tycoon

Civilization (I just want to meet Sid Meier and shake his hand...this man is a god to me)

Red October (thats not the name but another Meier classic, a sub hunt game)

Silent Hunter

Microprose Golf

probably some more but my memory is hazy... smile.gif

Then I got a PC, mainly for :

Warcraft II

Command and Conquer

Later :

Diablo (not 2, too derivative)

Need for Speed 3

Rally Championship 2000 (the CM of driving games IMHO)

Total Annihilation (for me, RTS is C&C -> TA -> AOE2)

Caesar 3

Age of Empires 2

Need for Speed 5

Jagged Alliance 2 (what a great game!!!)

Half-Life!! How could I forget Half-Life!

If I've forgotten any, I'll edit my message later. Of course, ALL I play now is CM, and it has kinda ruined me for other games... if only CM weren't so GOOD! To finish, I'm a great believer in video game therapy for people who think too much, neurosis, etc. If you're planning your attack or whatever, you don't have time to think about the unpaid rent, or your colleague who hates you at work, or why your last girlfriend dumped you, etc etc etc. Note that video games don't SOLVE the problem, they just put it on hold, which, from an existential POV, is the same as solving it, if you follow me.

Thanks to your suggestions I'm gonna look for Syndicate Wars again. It came out when I bought my PC but my 486 wouldn't run it. Also X-Com, somehow I missed this one.

Later all!

DeanCo--

[This message has been edited by deanco (edited 08-05-2000).]

Peng: Perfect General was way ahead of its time, but wasn't it great?

I loaded it on an old black and white Zeos laptop and flogged its AI like a rented mule on airplanes, in motel rooms, and even during the most boring meetings.

When I finally saw it in color I couldn't believe my eyes at how visually lush the experience was. Of course now I realize that the lush was me, and that it was to computer game graphics what the cave paintings at Lascaux are to Vermeer, but I liked it (had the whole Perfect Trilogy, still on my shelf).

The sand color hurt my eyes and my aversion to desert wars probably stems from that. I remember Kharkhov and Saipan as 2 of my favorite scenarios.

My preferences run to realistic wargames, flight sims, and CRPGs. Here is what I have spent time with over the past 18 months or so:

Combat Mission (best wargame I've ever seen)

West Front

Enemy Engaged: Comanche/Hokum

EAW

Falcon 4 (recent improvements make it a new game)

Panzer Elite

Baldur's Gate

Fallout 2

System Shock 2

SWAT 3

This is just the recent cream of the crop. I've been playing good computer games since 1980.

The game I'm waiting for most right now(besides CM2, of course) is "All American: the 82nd Airborne in Normandy."

Before:

Fallout (best intro movie ever)

Flying Corps

Red Baron 2/3D (I can't believe I decided to kick it after 2.5 years. No Voodoo in new sys.)

Baldur's Gate (I still haven´t got around to finishing it, but hey, I'm a careful man)

Stalingrad

CC1+2

Championship Manager 3 (Soccer management)

BattleZone (which was a cool innovative game)

Now:

CM and uh... yeah well CM.

Will buy Baldurs Gate 2.

Looking into Terminus.

Will buy any Rowan coming Flight Sim.

Will buy any new WW1 flight sim.

Will, beyond any shadow of a doubt, buy

Europa Universalis.

Check out www.europa-universalis.com

------------------

Geier

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

My current favs are:

Combat something or other smile.gif

European Air War

Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines

Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty

Half-Life (until my saved games got erased...)

Favs on deck:

B-17II

B-17II

B-17II

Commandos 2

and the sequel to that one "Combat..." thingy.

Chuckd

Harpoon (the original)

Still play it occasionaly and consider it my all time favorite. It's always on my hard drive. Once you learned how everything worked there was nothing else like it, directing massive real-time air and naval forces over the entire North Atlantic. I can still remember getting chills when an inbound Backfire raid of 20+ suddenly appeared on my AWACS screen from an unexpected direction while I was heavily involved with another large raid. Great stuff! Hope Harpoon 4 is as good or better.

Delta Force

Loved the online battles. Great interface.

Starcraft

A classic.

Command HQ

Remember that one? Still fun. A friend and I do it once in a while modem to modem. A simple game with great strategy elements. Another classic.

AV8B Harrier

Ahead of it's time with the combined air and ground campaign.

Yeager's Air Combat

I played that one to death.

Tanks! by Norm Kroger

Advance to contact, fire, and maneuver classic.

------------------

Don Rose

Proud father of 6-year-old Adam. Read Adam's Story at http://drose55.tripod.com/