return to castle wolfenstein (way Off topic)

Maj. Bosco wrote:

I remember the first game. I wasted hours on that thing. Anyone else remember the first time they saw those guys with chainguns for hands?

Me too, but I don't think there were any chainguns but there were boxes with sauerkraut and schnapps. And SS-men with bulletproof vests shouting "Achtung".

- A person who's still bitter that the 3D-thing was not a real Wolfenstein.

I'm looking forward to this one myself even though I have become jaded with FPS.

After all, it was Wolfstein 3D which broke my computer gaming virginity, and initiated me into this crazy gaming world.

------------------

What do you know about surfing, you're from New Jersey !

Nice screen shot, although someone should give the artist some pointers on German uniform insignia. The SS (as I know all the grogs will confirm) never used breast eagles, theirs were on the sleeve instead.

But then, this game is intended for the general public, 98% of whom (like the people interviewed on the street by Jay Leno) would be hard pressed to even identify the guy as being German.. smile.gif

------------------

Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht, der Tag glühend heiß oder eiskalt die Nacht, bestaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser sinn, ja unser sinn, es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin

-- Panzerlied

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

…The SS (as I know all the grogs will confirm) never used breast eagles, theirs were on the sleeve instead.

But then, this game is intended for the general public, 98% of whom (like the people interviewed on the street by Jay Leno) would be hard pressed to even identify the guy as being German.. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

plus I have never seen any pic of a ss soldier or officer so unshaved! and at the HQ Base too! ok ok.. maybe 14 days out on manouvers and his kit was missing but even then he would use that silly dagger he got upon joining. tsk tsk... I say.