Interface Suggestion

I don't know if the coding for this would be all that complex, but I think it would be VERY helpful if vehicles that are transporting troops showed what they were caring directly in the Unit Info box at the bottom. This seems like such a natural thing and prevents having to go "Details" to get it...or that tricky select a unit ON a unit. Anyone ever lose a rider just because you didn't see/forget the poor sap was sitting there?

I myself haven't really had a problem keeping track of which vehicles were carrying which troops, but then again I haven't ever more than five carriers in a scenario.

If there were more, then I can see where a link on the Info display would be handy.

Of course, I also think that a brief, global list of all units you have would be helpful. Maybe not a fully detailed OOB/TO&E, but *something* to avoid having to +/- through dozens of units. Please, *some* sort of clickable list...

Wendell

Yes Dick I know, hitting the return after selecting the vehicle gives the passenger list...I was just looking to streamline the interface - to tell at a glance if the AFV, Carrier, etc was mounted.

Wendell...I agree about the global OB list of some sort. Only option now is to recall the mission briefing. Somewhat related to this - how about a hotkey highlighting the platoon/battalion leaders (along with the command lines of course). This would give a quick command status overview of the battle, not to mention an aid in finding those "misplaced" leaders in big, well stirred battles.

I just click on a squad and follow the command line back to find an HQ unit.

Also, remember that HQs have small unit bases, so they are easily distinguishable from squads. Of course, teams also have small bases, but if you click on a team you can again just follow the command line back to an HQ.

Both means of finding an HQ are kind of clunky, but I am so used to doing it by now it is second nature.

Jason

Actually, although I am always leery of interface changes in a fine game, this makes some sense to me (especially now that I am involved in multiple PBEMs with vicious, evil, and rabid opponents who must, for the sake of humanity, be defeated!) I constantly find myself switching back to a turn and having to click/return on transport units to find out who's where. If would be nice if, in the AFVs main screen, I could see who was playing at pig-a-back...

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-15-2000).]