Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Question about downloading from madmatts?

Guest Madmatt

Have a look at the Madmatt's Mod Guide located in the 3rd Party Mods section. It gives an overview of what many of the mods are and how to install them. That guide is now a little bit outdated but the info still holds true.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Matt mod quide is a great place to start. I printed that out and as I downloaded various mods I renamed them with a "X-" in front of each one starting with 1, then 2, etc. In this was I just went down the list numberically. As new mods are added they are again added on on top of the base mods. Matt did a great job of making what would have been a confusing job into a simplier procedure that resulted in a great looking game.

MikeT

------------------

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

- Motto of Possum Lodge

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dega:

The site seemed confusing to me. What do I download to enhance the game, and what should I avoid so as not to muddy up the performance of the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an addict to mods (must have all of those I ever heard of...), I can tell you this :

* All HiRes mods significantly enhance game graphics. The best are in my opinion the MDMP-2 pack and Tiger's various panzers.

The recent buildings mods are also very good.

* I've a medium-range Athlon 500: I never noticed any slowdown after installing a mod.

Hope it helps.

I have a folder to which I download the mods, unzip them, and cut and paste the bmp and wav files to the cmbo bmp and wav folders. Then I have another folder in which to keep the zip files after I install the mods so they are still there in case I have to reinstall the game or something like that.