Tank add-on armour?

Guest GriffinCheng

Guest GriffinCheng

In Panzer Elite, you can "purchase" additional field-mod armour like spare tracks, road wheels and "skirts". I saw there is skirt option from GD preview. Would there be anyn such options available for purchase in CM?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

As far as I know, each vehicles' model is hard-coded into the game. So there shouldn't be any kind of "bonus" purchases for an individual vehicle.

Fionn would be able to answer that better than I could.

------------------

"Cry Woe...Destruction...Ruin and Decay. The worst is Death...and Death will have His day."--Gen. Chang

Well basically CM doesn't allow you to add bits and pieces to your tanks on a tank by tank basis since it isn't a tank simulator.

What it DOES do is allow you to by various "models" which come with various upgrades already on them.

E.g. The Jpz IV can be bought with or without skirts. Some of the models of the Pz IV have skirts and others have add-on armour already factored into the armour thicknesses.

Basically you should take it that while you won't be able to "outfit" your tanks with various bits and pieces all of the add-ons you discuss ARE represented already in the various models of vehicles in the game.

Guest R Cunningham

c: Sir,do you have any Late model Tigers available?

S: Sure do, son! We just got this one in last week. It's loaded. It comes standard with an eight-speed tranny, steel-tyred roadwheels (extra long lasting), the critically acclaimed 88mm gun (the 88 "classic"), premium armor in thicknesses up to 110mm, a powerful Maybach engine, the new, improved prismenspiegel cupola and the hottest thing in armor accessories this season: the Nahverteidigungswaffe.

C: do you have any with skirts?

S: boy, you don't need no skirts with this baby. No, it doesn't have skirts and skirts are not an available option.

C: I really like the ones with skirts...

S: Well, I can give you a good deal on a used Panzer IV H....

Guest GriffinCheng

Cunningham cool.gif

Fionn, as we have seen in a screenshot from GD Preview, that's fine smile.gif

...and we have this one with a wire-mesh skirt. The length is just short enought to see the long, slender road wheels through it. Sexy, isn't it? This model is always in popular demand. Man, you are lucky we have only this one left in our stock right now. Take it or somebody else will...

biggrin.gif

Griffin still @ work frown.gif

But just think of the used tank salesman:

S: we got this Char B, low milage, was just used by a little old lady on the weekends

C: Do you have anything with a little more power?

S: We expect a shipment of used T-34s from Russia, barebones, has a brown spot from the crew when they saw a King Tiger...