How do I do the smilie thing?

Click on the Smiles Legend (to the left) when you post a message and it'll tell ya every smiley option available to the UBB.

Mr. Winky wink.gif

Mr. Smiley smile.gif

Mr. Big Grin biggrin.gif

Mr. Frown frown.gif

Mr. Embarrased redface.gif

Mr. Razz tongue.gif

Mr. Mad mad.gif

Mr. Wow or Surprise eek.gif

Mr. Cool cool.gif

Mr. Confused confused.gif

Mr. Whatever rolleyes.gif

To do things like bold and italics text go to this link

http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/ubbcode.html

It's Combatsim.com's page, but it has a few more things listed than Battlefront's does.

-----------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-07-2000).]

Choose your most stout-hearted men.

Find a suitable wall (consider ricochets).

Remember they are subhuman, and ...

Whoops. Sorry. Click the "Smilies Legend" thingie to the left of the reply box, after you hit Reply. It'll tell you all about it.

Have you been penged before, or will this be your first time? biggrin.gif

Guest Germanboy

You don't.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Herr Stuka:

you are new and seem like a nice fellow so I will be gentle and not satisfy the blood lust of others on the board.

Suffice to say that I am not a fan of the smiley. We have had some lively discussions regarding the horrid little beasts. If you use the search feature you may find them.

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Herr Stuka:

you are new and seem like a nice fellow so I will be gentle and not satisfy the blood lust of others on the board.

Suffice to say that I am not a fan of the smiley. We have had some lively discussions regarding the horrid little beasts. If you use the search feature you may find them.

Peng

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh Peng, what happened? Have they given you that medicine again?

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Alright! alright, I'll Peng him, but later tonight when the meds are worn off and I have a belly full of cheap whiskey and warm beer. Too hard to think sober and at work.

Peng

------------------

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Alright! alright, I'll Peng him, but later tonight when the meds are worn off and I have a belly full of cheap whiskey and warm beer. Too hard to think sober and at work.

Peng

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good! Mr. Peng, the assorted rabble and riff-raff on the board depends upon you to lead it once more unto the breach, and get wasted in the pro... Uh I did not write that did I?

------------------

Andreas

As a great man once said (probably)

"I shall weather the storm of your penging, for whatever does not kill me will only make me stronger" tongue.gif

As for german boy and mark iv, you guys really know how to make a new guy feel welcome. I'm glad you're not my squad leaders, my first day in your platoons and you'd have me digging out land mines with my dick. (easily done of course!) biggrin.gif

Roll on member status!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

How dumb do I feel?

As I posted this topic the last thing I saw was "smilies legend" DOH!!!!!!:0<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont feel bad, I just figured out how to

do the "reply with quotes" thing. redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

you guys really know how to make a new guy feel welcome. I'm glad you're not my squad leaders, my first day in your platoons and you'd have me digging out land mines with my dick. (easily done of course!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing personal. The crowd always chants for a good penging- one of the best features of this vastly entertaining and informative forum.

Click the thingie for user profile above Peng's post, and then click the "read all posts by this yahoo" thingamabob. Read them.

If it takes a denunciation of your niceness to goad Peng into a pengippic, sorry about that, but ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Being penged is sign of social acceptance, a rite of initiation, a passage unto CM manhood. Square those shoulders and take your penging like a man. The survivors are always better for it.

Anyway, if you're so nice, why are you killing little digital people? biggrin.gif

Here's the mines. Start diggin'.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX frown.gif XXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest MrHappy

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

HEY! Get Happy Mr Stuka! Don't let these MEANIES taunt or torment you. Especially not that SuperMean MrPeng. (You leave him alone, Peng. You big fat-head. Ooooh I said a bad word. wink.gif )

This is a fine community where we ALL get along nicely. Especially that clever MrUserName and the famous Old Blood and Glutes Mr Maximus! Yup Everybody LOVES each other and no one ever rips anyone for no good reason, other than to satisfy some demented childish and drug addled jones, of course, but that is neither here nor there.

Feel the LOVE MrStuka. That Ol Combat Mission Joy Juice be flowing now !!! Yessir.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I suggest you sprinkle smilies librally throughout each and every post you make... they are soooooo HAPPY! And they make EVERYONE HAPPY! THEY TICKLY MY FINGER TIPS WHEN I TYPES EM OUT!!!!

Rejoice in the good feelies

MrHappy

------------------

MrHappy sez, "C'MON GET HAPPY!"

(sniff).... I've been here for months and I've never been penged. I feel so.... unimportant frown.gif (deliberately provocative use of smiley).

On the other hand, my sycophantic nature makes me agree with everything he says, so maybe I never earned it. When Peng sez to run with that crate of MG42s and 500 lbs of ammo, I RUN dammit smile.gif

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

Your'e right mr Mark IV, right now i'm tightening my helmet chin strap, adjusting loose webbing and loading my carbine.I'm ready to face Mr peng and all his dark hordes can throw at me....

(Oh and putting away my little mine digger) biggrin.gif

OK its time.

Stuka, you pathetic mewling little sod. First you boast that you could easily de-mine vast fields with your substantial member, and then you say you are putting away your "little digger." Well, make up your mind. Have you a manly peice or something that makes even 6 year old boys giggle at its teenyness? I suspect the latter.

Also, If you must insist on using those god awful rat bastard hateful disgusting filthy festering febril pus-filled emanations that some people call smilies, at least learn how to do the damn things right. THERE MUST BE A SPACE BETWEEN A WORD AND THE SMILIE BITS. If you cram the frigging things next to the word you are trying (trying woefully and with great loss to our magnificent language that is still growing and changing but which should NEVER include little bits of html or ubb or whatever frigging acronym the bastard programmers call it) TRYING to give emphasis to with code, instead of taking the time and effort to find the right word, then you are just making a mess, and making what you are saying even HARDER to read.

The only thing I find more irritating than a smiley is a BOTCHED smiley right in front of it... tongue.gif. tongue.gif Got it? The first MrRazz is all farkeld up and interferes with the last word in the phrase, making it MORE difficult to read than the stinking Smiley alone does.

Some people claim that smilies enhance the reading experience becasue they help to convey meaning where the written word fails. To them I say "Have a nice big, warm glass of shut the hell up." You can stuff your smilies in a sack Mister. Yeah, stuff em in a sack fill it up with rocks and throw em in a lake.

God do I loathe the little bastards. I loathe the hideous morons that think they are good for anything other than assault weapons or dog food even more.

So if you insist on using smilies I must insist on taunting you until such time as you see the light - the shining light that exposes smilies and the people that use them as the shallow excuses, the wastes of skin and bone, the complete insufferable pricks that they really are. You don't really want to be known as an insufferable prick now do you? Of course you don't. Now just take your time and pick the right words and the meaning will be there for those that can read and understand. OK?

So velcro your drool cup onto your little chinstrap there fellah and the attendant will be along to change your depends any minute now.

Finally, I must apologize to all and sundry for having to read my rantings on smilies all over again, BUT YOU ASKED FOR IT!

Peng

PS: OK MrStuka, you've been Penged. That wasn't so bad now was it?

Matthias: "Could be worse. You could be stabbed."

Centurion: "Stabbing only takes a second! Crucifixion takes hours, Days! its agonizing!"

Matthias: "Crucifixion's a doodle!"

Centurion: "Don't keep saying that."

------------------

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 06-08-2000).]

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMMIT THE DAMN THING KEEPS MAKING THE SMILIES WORK RIGHT WHEN THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT GOD I HATE SMILIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!