A graphical feature I hope is implemented.

Hey, BTS.

I was wondering if you are eventually going to work on making the tracks and tires of vehicles move. With that said the textures are great but when I zoom in and watch my tanks move out it would be really gripping if I could actually see the tracks move.

Just a thought.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

your tanks move?? any vehicle I buy has moving fire and smoke is just sitting there.... wierd, do you have a patch or something that lets you move your vehicles?

-----

"Thats no fair they got Tigers!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Har, Har.

Your a really funny guy, Mensch, I'll kill you last. wink.gif

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Hey, BTS.

I was wondering if you are eventually going to work on making the tracks and tires of vehicles move. With that said the textures are great but when I zoom in and watch my tanks move out it would be really gripping if I could actually see the tracks move.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gripping?????????? To watch tires move?

Gripping is seeing a King Tiger crest a hill that you were SURE was clear of the enemy.

THAT is gripping.

BTW - tracks already move. Not that I ever watch them.

Phoenix,

I think the word for that is "pucker"

Pucker(v): anatomical action performed by an individual's alimentary canal when he/she is about to be blown into small pieces.

As in "As the KT crested the hill my sphincter began a rapid cycle of puckering and unpuckering"

Note: Hamsters and all uber-rodents are immune to the puckering effect.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Gripping?????????? To watch tires move?

Gripping is seeing a King Tiger crest a hill that you were SURE was clear of the enemy.

THAT is gripping.

BTW - tracks already move. Not that I ever watch them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I am easily entertained, okay?

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, BTS.

Just a thought.

Jeff

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a source of missing fulfillment for me, too. smile.gif

The tank's tracks move. The turrets move. The tank crew move. The gun even "kicks" when it fires.

But the pretty wheels don't go around ...

And while we're on the topic of graphical treat Christmas lists. How about engine smoke? Just a little poof of smoke whenever the tank starts moving from a stand-still. Yeah ... smile.gif

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

Strange how things are viewed differently.

If I was to grieve about something, then it will most surely be about the wheels "Octogonalness".

biggrin.gif

And I had never seen a post about that.

But the treads, the rivets, the slits and all are done ad libitum.

So...

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Har, Har.

Your a really funny guy, Mensch, I'll kill you last. wink.gif

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

great I guess this gives me time to get assimulated (points his MG 42 to the sky then to a bush blasting away a bunny that hopped out - looking wildly around) like I said.. no borg here... *whew!*

Guest Rollstoy

Dear Jeff!

The problem behind the static wheels is this: There is only one polygon textured with one bitmap available for allthe wheels.

This is why there are no animated wheels.

Now you could either

(a) animate the wheels by animating the texture map (-> takes lots of video RAM), or

(B) use a separate polygon for every wheel. -> increases polygon count and would cause problems with shadowing.

So there is no elegant solution.

Regards, Thomm

P.S.: I do care more about tanks with half their hull stuck in buildings. Case example: Parked Wittmanns tank between two buildings to protect it's flanks. Cromwell drives up to it (through house) turns (inside house) and kills it with a flank shot. The front half of the Cromwell is protruding from the house. Not good.