v1.04 Update Ready

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Windows version or Mac version.

Enjoy!

Ha, bet I'm the first downloader. I was on reviling Peng and happened to see the post...

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Crap, looks like I'm third or so.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

How big is the download? Will installing it affect PBEMs in progress? Do I need to save as in the 1.03 update?

EDIT: Okay, it's 1.86 MB for the Windows version. But the other questions stand...

------------------

Sounds like 100% weapons-grade bolonium to me.

[This message has been edited by Formerly Babra (edited 08-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

How big is the download? Will installing it affect PBEMs in progress? Do I need to save as in the 1.03 update?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its about 1.66 Meg. Check the readme that come with the file for the answers to last two questions. (incedentally, the answers are: Yes and What do you mean?)

--Chris

Guest Madmatt

Read the readme, it is NOT recommend playing a saved game in progress on v103 with v104 due to some fundamental changes to the artillery and shell acounting.

You can, we just suggest you dont.

Madmatt

p.s. By the way, games saved with v104 are NOT compatable with earlier versions. Scenarios and Operatrions created before v104 will play just fine though so you dont have to worry about all those cool files you have downloaded from the Scenario Depot! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

The download is an exe file. So the only way I can read the readme is to install it!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forget that BTS' patches do not autoinstall. You run the exe, and it extracts itself to its own directory, and then you have to manually move the files around.

Guest HENTZAU

Just received my copy and love it. The AI is tearing me up! Thats real AI! I see my disk is version 1.2. Do I need to download a version 1.3 or just the 1.4? If I need a 1.3, where is it? Didn't see it in the downloads? Thanks! Finally a great wargame, its been a long wait!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HENTZAU:

Just received my copy and love it. The AI is tearing me up! Thats real AI! I see my disk is version 1.2. Do I need to download a version 1.3 or just the 1.4? If I need a 1.3, where is it? Didn't see it in the downloads? Thanks! Finally a great wargame, its been a long wait!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 1.04 patch says it upgrades everything since 1.0. You don't need the 1.03 patch.

------------------

Guest Madmatt

You can grab the readme from CMHQ. I posted it up there for just such an occasion.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Guest Madmatt

It allows for spotting rounds to be counted now. This also prevents the 14 inch infinite spotting rounds from hell cheat that was talked about before.

Basically in v104 all FO's will appear to have 4 times the ammo as before. But since before, each tick of ammo was four guns it equals the same. What Charles has added is an additional 3 rounds which simulate 3 spotting rounds. Now you can make as many adjustments as you want throughout the game but every shell that hits the board, be it a spotting round or FFE is now subtracted from your grand total.

Another example would be if you have a sceanrio created in 103 (or earlier)where a 14 inch FO has 8 rounds of ammo in v104 he will have 35. But each ammo point is just ONE shell as opposed to one 4 gun barrage.

x*4+3 where X equals the old amount of ammo and the +3 is a spotting round allotment bonus.

That is the difference.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Where did this patch appear from! I just logged onto the internet looking for those nice new shiny textures and discover yet another new patch!.

You gentleman at BTS put all other game companies to shame with your fantastic support for your games and more importantly their players.

------------------

"What is truth when we lie to ourselves about so much, and know so little?"