StugIIIG

It reminds me the early STuG IIIB scheme used in Eastern Front. It looks really metallic and like s miniature! Sorry but I am no grog comment.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Wow. When I saw the picture, I shouted "Target assault gun, 50m! AT round up!," worried that it would turn and shoot me. It really looks like painted steel, I'm looking for the welds.

Can we please have a front view?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Tiger, you have done something BTS couldn't- I've finally decided to take that walk into town and deposit that check so I'll have enough money in my account to buy the full version of Combat Mission at last. I can't stand looking at all these great mods by you and others, wishing they worked on the demo. I've played the demo since the second day the Beta demo came out, and I'm finally going to pay up.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Easy-I'm broke.

------------------

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Tiger you cheat! You must have snuck into a German surplus store and stollen a stug! BECAUSE THAT THING IS REAL! WoW!............................................. (stunned silence). How about making some more tanks like that? I'd love to see panthers in that colour. Your is work is simply.... SWEET......

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Guest Rex_Bellator

The best I've seen - great job.

Now is there any chance you can take the next 6 months off work and get all the other German afv's done to gray wink.gif

Tell them from me it's vital to peoples lives. Oh dear, I think I'm a CM addict fer sure now...

Beautiful as usual Tiger. Since ya just can't seem to leave well enough alone, hehe. Does ya know anthing about 3D wireframes and how we'd insert them into CM for German softskins, (trucks).

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Guest highlife

I love Tiger's vehicles and use several of them.

But I felt compelled to respond to this gray mania. There were no german vehicles painted in panzer gray at this stage of the war. A general order issued in Feb 1943 had all vehicles and large equipment ordered to be painted in a base coat of Dunkelgelb RAL 7028 "dark yellow" with camo added in Olivegrun RAL 6003 and Rotbraun RAL 8017.

A final order in Feb 1945 ordered the base color switched to dark green, the above mentioned Olivegrun.

Now I know that there are references to application of gray in the last months due to shortages of yellow but I tend to believe the sources that state vehicles left the assembly line in the dark red primer finish and were camoed when possible in the field. I believe the stock late Panther G in the game reflects this. Zimmerit paste was also discontinued in Sept 44 if IIRC.

Having said that, I say whatever you like should be what you use but after all the movies and games (Panzer General Series comes to mind) that have late war gray german vehicles I just wanted to say my say since CM is such an incredible game for us grogs.

And again, nothing but praise for Tiger's talents and effort.

References are the Osprey New Vanguard series and the Panzer Colours series.