Wargames are long and dull

Guest barrold713

Always good to see more and more people enjoying the game and contributing to the forum.

An especially warm welcome to Kitty as it is good to see a female point of view in here. Hope you enjoy the game as much as most everyone seems to after it arrives.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Muldune:

Diceman; Actually I had known alot of WW2, thats why I gave the game a try. The funny thing is though, I learned more about the war from this game than from any teacher.....

Muldune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am also 15 years old and got intrested in WW2 when my grandpa would tell me stories about his flights in a b-17.He died before I got really intrested so I started to read books and play wargames. When I first heard of this game from computer gaming world I Imediatally bought it and Its the best wargame I have ever played period.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Star Trek? Eeew! You're right I don't watch/have never watched it. Anyway, thanks for the explanation. =)

Kitty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heeeere kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty. biggrin.gif

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?

Guest Mirage2k

[old codger's voice]

Quiet you whippersnappers...I invented wargaming...and the question mark...while running uphill in the snow to get to school...both ways, mind you...back then, we didn't even have paper...we had to make models out of our Jello...and it was REAL Jello, not this imitation crud...

[/old codger's voice]

-Andrew

------------------

VOTE BLAH FOR PRESIDENT!

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

BLAH IN 2000!

Guest Shatter50
Originally posted by The CM Borg:

You have been Assimilated

Shatter here

Hey Muldune watch out for the CM borg they will try to assimilate you. They is 2 ways to avoid assimialtion. 1 if the individual has the willpower to stop the assimilation. 2 if you belong to an elite group known as JEDI yes the force can save you. So far I am one of the very few new member to show these traits. A few of my friends have started I group known as the CM BORG Hunters(Gen.Shatter, Col. Stretch, Cap. Appy, 1st LT Cage, 2nd Lt Puffy). I haven't come in contact with any Borg for a couple weeks. I am missing the hunt.

True this is all out of good fun. biggrin.gif

Where you at Borg I am on the hunt.

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 09-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They is 2 ways to avoid assimialtion. 1 if the individual has the willpower to stop the assimilation. 2 if you belong to an elite group known as JEDI yes the force can save you. So far I am one of the very few new member to show these traits. A few of my friends have started I group known as the CM BORG killers (Gen.Shatter, Col. Stretch, Cap. Appy, 1st LT Cage, 2nd Lt Puffy).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much can a Borg "pelt" fetch on the open market? smile.gif

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ah, so we meet again, Shatter!

Representitive and personal bodyguard to the CMB here.

You sir, are a disgrace to all borg-hunting villains and will thus be not assimilated, but liquidated. So there, Happy now?

BTW, send me an e-mail at

sword_lover@hotmail.com

if you want to try and prove me wrong cool.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Quiet you whippersnappers...I invented wargaming<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We know full well that wargaming was invented by a lil known scientist in a lab at Lost Alamost, and that your still sneaking into that Monk Temple no matter what Janet Reno says. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barrold713:

An especially warm welcome to Kitty as it is good to see a female point of view in here. Hope you enjoy the game as much as most everyone seems to after it arrives.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been here and had the game for a while now, but was never "borged" 'til now. =) The game rules. I started playing war games when I was about 5. My dad had the original edition of AH's "Gettysburg" and taught me how to play it one X-mas day, about the same day he taught me how to shoot. Yeah, unusual but it happened. Anyway, I loved playing and thereafter acquired a bunch of AH games, "Panzer Leader/Blitz," "D-Day," "Panzerkreig," "Anzio," "Russian Campaign," "Squad Leader," "ASL," etc., etc., etc. My first computer war game was SPI's "Russian Campaign" (I may have the title wrong) and then Close Combat, which I THOUGHT was gonna be like ASL, but just sucked and I hated it. Then I got some of the Talonsoft Civil War and Napoleonic games, which I liked but nothing is as good as CM from what I've seen. =)

Kitty

Muldune,

Wait till you start PBEMing (or TCP/IP later), you experience "addiction" without drugs. Trust me. wink.gif

BTW, don't worry about that Borg thing, he/she/it seems to maintain a list of who has been assimulated or not, or who is borg-slayer.

In the meantime, enjoy food, rest, or normal life while you still can.

Oh, btw, welcome aboard.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Shatter50
Originally posted by The Commissar:

Ah, so we meet again, Shatter!

Representitive and personal bodyguard to the CMB here.

You sir, are a disgrace to all borg-hunting villains and will thus be not assimilated, but liquidated. So there, Happy now?

Hey Commissioner

If you think you are good enough to liquidate me try it.

I thought we had a PBEM you challenged me to when I was just a newbie. Now that I am a HUNTER of you puny Borg as well as the Top Dog in the CM Borg Hunters. If you still would like to challenge yours truly you must fight through my clans ranks to get me.

Gerneral: SHATTER

COL: STRETCH

CAPT: APPY

1ST LT: CAGE

2ND LT: PUFFY

AND WELCOME MY NEWEST WARRIOR PVT: SPANKY

2 New Warriors on the way Cool-e and Cyber

Besides why would you bother challenging us you don't stand a chance.

We will wipe out your puny bunch.

Guest Shatter50

Hey Commissioner

One other thing who you callin a villian you guys are the villians assimilating newbies at will.

The Hunters are a group of free willed Warriors who vow to stop YOU.

One last thing MAN YOU GUYS ARE UGLY