v1.03 AI improved?

OK, I just got my rear end handed to me on a platter in two consecutive quick battles by the AI. This after installing the v1.03 patch. I had not read that the AI was improved so it's possible I just had some bad luck...Has anyone else heard of, or seen an improvement?

Zamo

It's not that the Ai is any better. There are a number of tweaks that make 'other' issues behave better. A lot of it is all becuase of that bug that was causing units out in the open to NOT be taking the hits they should have. Another issue that helps make the game more of a challenge were some subtle new morale adjustments.

1.03 is MUCH harder for a variety of reasons...AINT IT GREAT! biggrin.gif

MadBot

------------------

I am MadBot...

All your technological and bilogical resources will be assimilated to serve me...

Compassion is irrelevant

Death is irrelevant

Resistance...is Futile...

[This message has been edited by MadBot (edited 07-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadBot:

1.03 is MUCH harder for a variety of reasons...AINT IT GREAT! biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MadBot, you fiend. This is just part of your plot to take over the world by making CM self-aware. But we are on to your little game. When you wake up to find a wet fish draped across your motherboard, you will know we have struck. And by then it will be too late.

Guest Big Time Software

I did make some tweaks to the AI but I hesitated to announce them as a major improvement. Just small improvements.

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

I did make some tweaks to the AI but I hesitated to announce them as a major improvement. Just small improvements.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK! There you have it, it has been improved

I have noticed the AI is better in 1.03 it seems (if I can say this), more organic and as was mentioned above, "self aware"

I have played 5 scenarios against the AI ALL as the Allies and 3 out of 5 of the scenarios were lost to the AI. If you make any little mistake at all the AI will punish you for it.

(Royally!)

I think it is, now in v.1.03, exceptionally good AI and all three levels of it work extremely well together and the AI does indeed provide a very challenging game.

It is now SO good some here think that it cheats. I'm sure it does not cheat its just extremely WELL programed and works well at doing what it needs to do to sceure its objectives. It fights tank battle using German tanks very very well.

Its fun to play and I don't mind loosing to it. I think that's more fun than beating it every time. :)

What do the rest of you think is the AI in v1.03 better and smarter?

If you don't think it is better now, just play the Allies in some scenarios where the AI can use big German tanks and see how it will punish you with them.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 07-30-2000).]

The AI is more challenging since 1.03 was released. I watched the AI use some very heavy artillery on me in one Quick Battle and i never saw it use that kind of artillery before 1.03. I think some of the adjustments to the code helped out.