Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Surreal!!

Hi,

I just wanted to share an experience I've just had with a concluding PBEM game against Marlow, the game has been fantastic thoughout, and I've been beaten by the better player (He thinks its been luck).

I was playing some MP3s when I downloaded the movie file, and just as my paratroops charged an American HMG "Cannon in D major" came quietly through my headphones, over the gunfire the music was surreal! and I played the movie again from a wider angle! It was the most amazing spine tingly feeling I've ever had playing a game! watching a last ditch effort against superior numbers!

Amazing!

Ceebee

[This message has been edited by Ceebee (edited 12-05-2000).]

Try downloading Tu Es Partout. It's the song the soldiers play on the record in SPR. Now *that* runs chills up your spine.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

A man of culture and taste. I could tell by your choice of opponents. My latest CM music has been Mozart's Requiem. BTW, Ceebee is too modest. It was a good, tough fight, with not much left on either side, and a fair bit of luck was involved.

It was a good fight wasn't it! My current CM MP3 list is,

Cannon in D Major

Paint it Black - rolling stones

We got to get outa this place - Animals

Turn Turn Turn - The birds

Adagio for Strings - Barber

Stuck in the middle of you - (I've no idea)

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

I do favour Cannon in D though, I've just bought a set of videos called Vietnam, it was an Austrailian production about thier involvement! and Cannon was played thoughout! excellent piece of music.