Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Learning To Unlearn

Just a few thoughts after receiving CM in the mail a few days ago...

1) The tanks in this game are awesome! Using tanks in Close Combat 2 drives me nuts. Sometimes I want to put my fist through the screen. These tanks go where you tell them to go and do what you tell them to do without any weird-ass AI interfering.

2) The camera in CM really adds to the game. I love being able to zoom all over the place and view things from different angles. And hey, if I feel like playing in CC format, I just hit the #5 button and I got my bird's eye view.

3) Great manual! Very indepth. I feel like I can look something up and actually find it in there unlike those pamphlets that come with other war games. Bonus points for having it be in printed form and not making me read the entire thing in online help. I hate reading books on computer screens.

I've also gotten used to the turn-based/real-time hybrid play. When you think of it, this was the only way to do the game as the scale of it wouldn't be possible in 100% real time. Kudos to the designers for making the right choice when in this age of real time games, it seemingly was the wrong one. I feel as though this will be one of my favorite games soon.

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.