Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

May be OT: The latest editon of CGO War newsletter

Just got this:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>COMPUTER GAMES ONLINE

WHAT'S NEW IN WAR

http://www.cdmag.com/Sponsors/html/war/sponsor/war.html

Finally got some time to play a little Combat Mission. I'm getting better at it, but it's hard to switch from the top-down 2D world of hexagon maps and unit counters to a 3D world. Line of sight, which in Combat Mission is actually very well done, seems harder at first because you can't just lay a string between two discrete areas on the map and figure it out. You have to get down and dirty with the 3D camera, and eyeball it, if you don't have a unit in place. And even with a unit on the ground, sometimes that unit can't see what you, the omniscient player, can, so it takes some patience and an appreciation for the vagaries of the battlefield to get it right.

It's definitely worth the effort, though. I do think Combat Mission provides the most realistic feeling depictions of WWII tactical combat I've ever seen. The unit AI is actually very good, despite some glitches with targeting (most of which I can rationalize as being the consequence of the friction of war, or whatever). I would

add my voice to those others calling out for a unit list that you could scan for info, though; I tend to lose units or forget about them too often....

(the rest snipped)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appearently a potential target for CM Borg. biggrin.gif Unfortunately, this person never id him/herself.

BTS, does this person actually buy the game from his pocket money? Just a though. tongue.gif

And no, I am not trying to bring back the age old discussion of "TO&E List".

Have a nice weekend.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(