Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Buying

Hey,

Well im from Canada too, and I got my package today. I payed the amount they wanted in american money (which cost a lot more in Canadian! frown.gif ) So I thought that was it, but then when it finally arrived I had to pay a Customs Fee, which was $15 Can. I dont know if you will be charged the custom fee, because the government takes packages at random and charges the fee smile.gif So just hope they dont grab yours and charge you smile.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdl:

What about NAFTA?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, I've been out of this sort of thing too long. I don't think you should have had to pay any kind of duty. GST, certainly, but there's no way that amounted to $15 (Canadian or US). But I could well be wrong. Of course, anything sent in under 'NAFTA' is sposed to have that big, stupid, 'this product covered under NAFTA' form/paperwork/sticker. The problem is, as I've found from shipping, is that you pay whatever some idjit postal/customs/bureaucrat who doesn't understand the system they're a part of decides, rather than what is actually called for by law. Your package comes through, and lazy swine #1 routes it, and decides: There are no NAFTA 'documents of origin' with this, therefore, under a regulation that I used to apply 4 years ago, the duty that should be imposed on this package is x, so you have to pay it, even though the package isn't dutiable, and that rate no longer applies, and that rate was in fact for 'Children's Videos that are not Bilingual in Content'. By the time you try to recover the money, argue with your government, deal with multiple people, you'll wish you'd just put your thumb in your mouth and made small whimpering noises...

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.