battles for NZ and AU

rich4421972

Indeed it is a nice weapon,I had the privilage of firing the weapon when I was serving in the army.

It had a whole range of shells like illumination/anti armor and HE types.

It was mainly used for infantry support not anti tank roles.

You could not kill a T80 or T 72 with it only from the sides.

Normally you would not get that chance I guess smile.gif

Today the weapon is out of the inventory and replaced by the AT4 which is a lot easier to handle and can be thrown away

However i think they took away a very good support weapon for our infantry.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Major: Happy to review the V4 database when it comes out and provide updates for 4.1 (or whatever) within the limits of security (although I don't think there's anything I could tell you that isn't in Jane's). Can't help with Kiwi stuff though.

I'm happy to help too. I can obviously only give info that is public domain but this should be more than adequate for the purposes.

It is a real pity the Australian Army doesn't subscribe to Tacops as it is a fantastic training aid, especially for quickly and easily wargaming plans developed to solve tactical problems.

Congratulations on a great program. smile.gif

Yell me, is it possible to simulate a lower-intensity style conflict with TacOPS, such as say, East Timor?

I have this feeling that its generally geared towards the American idea that the enemy will basically always speak Russian and use massed armour tactics, am I correct?

The factory provided scenarios are geared mainly toward representing first line enemy forces but you can substitute less capable equipment. It is a somewhat tedious process.

If you design a custom scenario for human vs human play you can add whatever equipment you want.

>I have this feeling that its generally geared towards the American idea that the enemy will

>basically always speak Russian and use massed armour tactics, am I correct?

Ahem ... the Cold War is over and the Russians are part of NATO now smile.gif .

[ July 05, 2002, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: MajorH ]