Team Ohara - After Action Report (AAR)

Jingo

Here's my next AAR: Team Ohara. This one was done with TacOps v4 (Thanks to MajorH for letting me test drive it and find bugs) and is a relatively quick mission. Defend OBJ. A. for 40 minutes. But for me it took all week to turn it into this AAR --

You can see my AAR by going to my website and clicking on the corresponding link: Jingo's TacOps Page

Somehow I don't think my friendly casualty rates would ever pass real military muster... ;) Ah well!

Nice battle. 100% OPFOR casualties are always my favorite! smile.gif

I do have one minor comment. You probably already figured out that you want to spread out your initial artillery TRPs more. I like to make a grid, so that the TRPs get good coverage and don't overlap.

v4 looks nice! I like the new graphics.

Is OPFOR pink?! I always thought that they were a bunch of commie pink-o's!!!! tongue.gif

Originally posted by Jingo:

You can see my AAR by going to my website and clicking on the corresponding link: Jingo's TacOps Page

Somehow I don't think my friendly casualty rates would ever pass real military muster... ;) Ah well!

Excellent AAR. :D You did a nice job of capturing the evolution of the battle.

I also noticed that you are learning to disperse your units more widely. Amazing what a few volleys of 122mm MRL can teach you. ;)

Enjoy!

Coyote

Originally posted by Coyote:

I also noticed that you are learning to disperse your units more widely. Amazing what a few volleys of 122mm MRL can teach you. ;)

I remember when I learned that lesson. It's hard to forget it. :( One of the first battles I played involved a the meeting of two battalions. My lead company burst out of the woods toward the objective. Unfortunately OPFOR's lead company also burst out of some woods 2km away. An intense fight broke out. I was winning. I called in artillery and thought everything was going my way. Now that I had a minute, I thought to myself... I really need to spread out my company. They're too bunched up. I gave the orders to spread out and right after that OPFOR rockets carpeted my position. My entire company was wiped out. Every vehicle was destroyed. The few infantry survivors were later killed by follow-on artillery.

The good news was that that whole skirmish bought time for my other companies to secure the objective. I won the battle, but the casualties were steep.

[ May 16, 2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Carter ]

I've been avidly following your great AARs and have finally mustered the courage to make a request.

Could you do the scenario where you raid the terrorist training camp with helo-borne troops?

I'd really enjoy viewing your tactics on that one, since it's just so tricky (to me anyway).

Well, I'm flattered! I'm glad you like viewing my AARs. I would actually like to see some of your AARs to learn from you folks, since I'm a relative newbie to TacOps, and I still have much much to learn (for instance, I'm not even sure what TRPs for artillery do or how to really use them-- as evidenced in my last AAR).

I'll see what I can pull together... it'll likely be some time, though, since I'm sort of on a TacOps break; :( maybe over Memorial Day weekend, I can work on it. Thanks all!