Team McMains - Mission Results

Jingo

Howdy TacOpers:

Here's an AAR that I did for Team McMains. I took screenshots and made comments every five turns in this sixty minute battle. This is a fun and challenging 'little' (it took me past 2 AM in two nights of combat to complete since I was doing screenshots and comments) scenerio if you keep the factory defaults on the setup options (no friendly reinforcements, OPFOR has improved guns and thermals). Anyway see my site with my comments as the battle raged tongue.gif : Team McMains -- Mission Results Enjoy!

Thanks, Jingo! These AAR's of yours are great! I hope your good habit of publishing your AARs will catch on to the guys. Your tips have already helped me a lot with TF DeGoey (US) and BG Dingman (CA). I think that you make it really hard on yourself, though. ;)

I'm not sure what is meant by "improved thermals." Do you suppose that this implies that the Soviet tanks and such were not well-equipped to start with or does it mean that now they are even better than their German (C2+ Leopard) and American (M1A2 main battle tank, dozer, etc...) counterparts? If anybody has an answer, I would love to hear it and then I will change my cheatin' ways and turn those thermals back on! smile.gif

A hearty thank you, as always, from the guy who has a bunch of numbers in his name

Improved warheads and thremals are two different settings.

Improved warheads basically means that most Opfor HEAT rounds can kill and M-1 from the front; without this, none of them can. (Even with it the T-80's missile cannot.)

Thermals for Opfor means that they have thermals.

It's up to you what you use. However, the game gets a lot easier if you have M-1s, and Opfor has no thermals. You can pop smoke and become invulnerable while still being able to fire. Not using advanced warheads has much the same effect: BMPs and the like suddenly become largely impotent against M-1s.

Phil,

I use Snagit (version 5.2) to take the screen captures and to add the circles and text. Once you take the screenshot you can go to the "Snagit Studio" and add all the extras. See Techsmith's description of the product here: Snagit.

I'm sure other software is out there that does similar stuff as well. I like it because I can do capture scrollable windows. Nice for getting mission results captures.

Jingo

Thanks. I like doing it. It helps me stay more focused on my game if I know I'm going to be showcasing it. It takes a little extra work, but at least I have *something* to show (besides the bloodshot eyes) for all those evenings spent hunched over the computer until the wee hours of the morning... Yawn ( redface.gif )

Anyway it lasts a little more than the fleeting feelings of sweet victory or bitter dissapointment.

Jingo