Nice & Courteous PBEM Challenge Thread: Post Here

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iskander:

Think that you can dissapate your forces against me a second time as well as you did the first?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah. The Wolves will slake their thirst on the digital blood of your soldiers, and will crack their bones and suck out the marrow. How hard should if be to beat someone from a state where family trees look like telephone poles.

The only reason you won the last tilt was because I succumbed to my darkest, gamey urges and purchased guns without transport. Because I tried to take advantage of an obvious game flaw, the Ghost of Aching David rose from the ground to the strains of Scotland the Brave, and smote my computer with a map that had no good overwatch positions within my deployment zone, and gave you invincible M10s of Death.

Have I learned my lesson? Absolutely. In our next game, I will not use guns without transport, but shall instead use a fleet of KingTigers and FlakTrackTrucks accompanies by elite SMG hordes.

Expect a setup SauceBoy.

PS, In the spirit of the Kinder Gentler Cess, I apologize in advance to any fine citizens of the State of Kentucky that might be insulted at anything they read (all three of you that can read that is) in my post.

Aye, an' dinnae be tryin' tha' again, son, or ah'll set yon Haggis O' Doom on ye an' yer gamey gerbiljägers!

May yer flak-tracks be taken oot by small-arms fire fae a thoosand yards, an' yer Königstigers bog doon an' be gun-damaged by Daimler armurred cars! Ye have been warrrned!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

I could hardly post in a thread started by someone I've stopped reading, can I?

It also seems as if my good old email is up and operational once again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup.. this looks like a good home to roost till that new g thread dies.. then again I could go in there and post 100 posts of absolutly nothing to make it age faster.

thank god that nob.. oh sorry.. er nice peng challange. that chap Mr. Cockroach didn't start it..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Aye, an' dinnae be tryin' tha' again, son, or ah'll set yon Haggis O' Doom on ye an' yer gamey gerbiljägers!

May yer flak-tracks be taken oot by small-arms fire fae a thoosand yards, an' yer Königstigers bog doon an' be gun-damaged by Daimler armurred cars! Ye have been warrrned!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking of bad languages.. where is OSGF??

Königstigers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Aitken Sir, can you please tell me how you made those eyes above the o? It's so kewl! w00t!

Ok, now a real question for the class. Can someone tell me what:

"l337," "h4xx0r1ng," and "texting" are? I feel so out of it for not knowing.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Marlow ]

This is a nice challenge, well sort of:

******PROPOSAL********************

Are you men/women or a you...? (umm too obvious)

I propose a right royal cesspool joust, the winner of which will be declared Chapter commander for a period yet to be determined!

Some points (like the ones on your heads):

ii) I will administer it (hence I am exempt),

X.X) Lorak will publish the results

4.6) the competition will be by knockout

alpha) opposing players will be determined by my administrative staff (my two daughters who are of course quite intelligent and attractive because they come from good stock, me!!)

twelve) Scenarios will be developed for this purpose, those involved in scenario development will be exempt.

XVI) Participants must have at least one record of combat on Lorak's tombe.

2.7.8a) Any SSN or Serf who wins the overall tourney will be kiniggitted

because we all dont want a smug SSN/Serf, but we can tolerate smug Kiniggits.

That's it! What say you cesspoolers?

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heavy Blunt Intstument:

4.6) the competition will be by knockout

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it should be a knockout tourney, with the losers advancing to the next round. A reward (if thats what "Chapter Commander" is) based on tactical ability is the antithesis of the 'Pool's ethic.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

2.7.8a) Any SSN or Serf who wins the overall tourney will be kiniggitted

because we all dont want a smug SSN/Serf, but we can tolerate smug Kiniggits.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO NO NO. Someone like Pee El or DekeFlannel might slip in by mistake. We need Lorak as the gatekeeper to keep them oppressed.

Marlow you mook, they're not eyes, they're an umlaut. I don't believe you didn't know that, but it seems fitting to regard you as an ignorant git. Oops, this is the nice and fluffy challenge thread... well, my dear, allow me to provide you with some information on umlauts purely for your educational benefit, and please forgive me if you already know it all.

In German, an umlaut affects vowel sounds to make the speaker seem ill. It is often substituted with an 'e' by English-speakers, so König becomes Koenig and Schürzen becomes Schuerzen. (In much the same way, the esstset, a character peculiar to German, is replaced by a double-S, so words like Schloß and Fußgängerzone are bastardised to the pathetically boring Schloss and Fussgaengerzone.) However, simply pronouncing the umlaut-free word as-is does not produce the correct sound, so it is left to real Germans, and people who know approximately five words in German but can do the accent brilliantly like me, to provide an accurate aural experience.

The umlaut can be reproduced on a computer with a special key combination. At this point, if you are using the Mac OS, you may be suffused with great joy at the ease with which this operation is possible. Simply press Alt-U, and then type the letter you wish the umlaut to appear over. If you are using Windows, on the other hand, be advised that it is crap as far as simple commonsense things like this are concerned, and you will need to use the Key Caps program buried somewhere in the darkest recesses of the Start menu to reproduce the umlaut-augmented letter and then copy it to your typing.

Edit: I don't think it's called Key Caps... maybe Shortcuts.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: David Aitken ]

If you are using Windows, on the other hand, be advised that it is crap as far as simple commonsense things like this are concerned, and you will need to use the Key Caps program buried somewhere in the darkest recesses of the Start menu to reproduce the umlaut-augmented letter and then copy it to your typing.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: David Aitken ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no, it's much more simple. Just change the "countries" setting to Germany.

Then buy a german keyboard with all these nice Umlaute and you can start to write Umlaute in Wörtern mit Umlaute mit richtigen Umlauten. That's it.

:D

Marlow you mook, they're not eyes, they're an umlaut. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was ist dieses "mook"? Ich bin nicht ein mook, ich bin ein Berliner (with strawberry jam).

Marlow you 'orrible fellow, you've just won the sig line contest. The trick was to have the best sig line today. You won. How do you feel and isn't, by default, all threads (especially Peng threads) better when not started by sancho?

Would you like to thank mom, america and apple pie? Please do so.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

In Seans absence I hereby grant upon myself the right to BUMP this thread....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thankee so kindly for BUMPing this thread Milady; however, I don't think that the Minnesota Miscreant is going to be especially happy to see it remain on the first page. You see, this thread is an experiment started by Sir Seanachump that went horribly wrong. For some time its existence made him the laughing stock of the Cesspool. Whenever he wandered by, people would stand around, point their fingers, and giggle (without even the courtesy of laughing behind their hands). Berli was especially rough on the poor lad. Meeks was a bit nasty as well, but that was par for the course. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole experience didn't result in Seanachai's extended stay in Minnesota's local institute for whacos (Commonly referred to as Minneapolis).

Which brings me to the reason for this post. I have taken it upon myself to keep this thread on the front page as long as I can (or at least until the current pretender to the title of MBT started by a MERE SQUIRE, Panzer Leader (AKA panties, Sancho, and Pee El), slips off into padlocked oblivion). Hopefully the humiliation and pain of seeing his most unfortunate creation marking page one of the forum, will be a constant reminder of how hubris can bring the mighty low.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

Marlow you 'orrible fellow, you've just won the sig line contest. The trick was to have the best sig line today. You won. How do you feel and isn't, by default, all threads (especially Peng threads) better when not started by sancho?

Would you like to thank mom, america and apple pie? Please do so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Geier, if I could understand you, I'm sure I would thank you. Where can I collect my prize of lutefisk.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DekeFentle:

Marlow SEND A TURN!!!

When the Whuppin' boy speaks, gather round and hearken well. Pain is EVIDENCE OF OBVIOUS MENTAL DEGENERATION OMITTED most eloquent mentor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DekeFentle, you chowderhead. If you hadn't proposed a friggin 3000 point game, I might be able to finish the setup a little faster. Go climb back into whatever horrid little puddle of ooze you came from.*

*Note that I will post replies to posts in Pee El's … It Was the Worst of PENG CHALLENGES abomination here. I shall not post in that wretched place and have the taint of heresy on my soul.

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: Marlow ]

So I presume this is the MBT in exile? Shouldn't it be at some sunny manor house? Shouldn't we all be sitting on the veranda sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them?

Oh yes -- one other thought -- does anyone think we should hold a little competition to see who could post the most empty messages in the poseur's thread until it dies?

Just a thought.

[edited because spelling might be important in life]

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

So I presume this is the MBT in exile? Shouldn't it be at some sunny manor house? Shouldn't we all be sitting on the veranda sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is and we are. Mine's yellow with little red flowers on. Yes, the umbrella.

Marlow. "We have met the enemy and he is us" is presently (as in, right now) the best sig line in the universe. One would think using it would be a reward in itself but I'll see if I can find some fermented herring in a can for you. I applaud your commitment to keep this on the first page.

We must all however, take care to remember that this is "The kindler gentler challenge thread" so no vitriol. There is of course no reason to challenge anything while here. How fun would that be?

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Geier ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

I'm with you. No way I'm posting to athread started by someone as wholly and totally insignificant as a squire. Especially an unfunny and annoying one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Is he? I wouldn't know since I don't read his posts anymore. There must have been a reason for that but my memory is hazy and I only vaguely recollect having heard of him.

Insignificant? He must be.

The Forces of scaliness are of course always welcome to join us here on the porch or veranda for a drink. It has to have an umbrella in it though. The drink, not the porch. Or veranda.

I thought I'd post some nice and accurate battle updates for your enjoyment later on.

So stay tuned.

Personally, I think we should post to the other thread - otherwise it's just going to lurk there forever, and we'll never get a new home!

Besides, I..I...miss you guys! *wipes tear from eyes*

GROUP HUG!!!!

Mace

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]