Nice & Courteous PBEM Challenge Thread: Post Here

David,

I've set up UltimateBB a couple times and adding a new forum is "trivial". I put quotes in because even though it is easy to do it is one more thing to get done and I believe the BTS crew is quite overworked as it is, maybe if they stop by and see this thread they can add it to their very long list of things to do.

p.s. if you wish to see just how trivial follow this link : http://www.ultimatebb.com/tour/tour6.html

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 09-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 09-20-2000).]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like pbem games of 1500 pts (small maps) or 2000pts (in medium maps) with modest hills, rural or village, moderate or heavy tree coverage...play germans as well as allied, meeting or attack/assult

prefer people who are able to play 5 pm / 12 pm CET... couple of turns per evening

Thanks

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

SenileTea: I read most all of the Cesspool aka Peng's Challenge thread. Quite an entertaining read, I must say. I am a relative newbie to the wonderful CM experience. I know so little about PBEM, I can only say, "Huh?" But, count me in for a try. My home email is scribme@fullnet.net. I am most used to playing the Allies against the TacAI. I could probably average about 10 moves per week, under good conditions.

Thanks,

Emthon

------------------

assimilated...

I want to Play!! Be nice and I will be nice to you. I am willing to be allies, small map, 800 or less points, June 44, Foerest forest everywhere, Farmland. Send me a setup and I will be ready to rock and roll!

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

*smiles* Okay, I'll throw my bit in it too...

Still in the process of playing my first PBEM, so I guess I'd still count as a "Conscript". 1500 points or less, I'll play either side, and pretty basic terrain features as well. I can put in 1 turn a day minimum (unless an emergency comes up), and maybe quite a bit more if you're nice. :)

rrobe@tscnet.com (don't send a setup right away though, please!)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

...You think you can just walk away and create some kinda cutesy, dainty, little-Polly-teapot thread that has kind, warm-hearted PBEM challenges?!! EH!?!?!? Well you've got another think coming, laddie!

...portions deleted as useless[/]

So turn right around and get back to the Cesspool you...mindless raving

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh, Meeks. Meeks, I shan't be coming here for games, I merely thought it might be a nice place for others to do so who don't wish to...er...deal with the Cesspool (you are a reinforcement of that concern, you loon). I get all the games I need from the Cesspool, and I won't be departing from there.

Banshee, I'm afraid that you're probably right, and as I stated, this probably won't work. I do know that BTS stated some time ago that they were hesitant to create new forums. I don't believe that this was because of the amount of work involved, but it gives them yet another place to have to monitor and police. It might be better for people to just post quick 'anyone for a PBEM' threads that quickly sink to the bottom when they are no longer current. I just notice that sometimes there are several of these going at once, lately. Oh, well, we'll see what happens. Maybe BTS will come on and give us their take or preferences on this issue.

I should also add that Tournament House, and, I believe, Rugged Defense, have areas for people seeking PBEM opponents. I haven't used them, so I don't know if they work out well or not. Both links are posted (I'll edit this and include them if they're not already both listed in this thread, can't remember right now).

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Bump

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seanachai, do you need that much media bathing that you're popping threads all over the place and self bump them?

If I was a Cesspooler, I'd be insulting you and I, err, wait I'm a Cesspooler.

biggrin.gif

SeeZeback'O'Mygrunts, I understand why you REALLY want a thread like this one.

It's for all of us poolers.

We are so naturally good at being bad that a thread where the Hyde in us (tentatively good) might be a nice touch to our sanity.

Here is my try:

Fellow CMers, you are welcome to post in here and do some insult free, low on personal and collateral damage taunting.

Should you desire to taunt someone outside the limits, you'll be hit repeatedly over the head by a sponge (we Cesspoolers are rather found of the Brick) over which "Don't be Rude" is written in Arial 24.

------------------

Will you trade your Peng for a box of Seanachai?

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 09-21-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by a big bag-o-wind Meeks:

I'll be sending you a turn, soon me laddie, then you'll see who's begging for decaf!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My email inbox is empty. I still think you need to be put down for scaring the neighbor's parakeet with all your barking.

------------------

-Work Hard

-Type Fast

-Save Often

I throw down the PBEM gauntlet.

After a difficult bid on Friday, I am going to want to unwind.

1000-1500 pts QB, medium to large map (like to have some manuever room). No side preference. I like my terrain/contours to be "busy".

Would also like to take on someone in a small down and dirty 500-800 pt small map "busy" terrain 30 turn short.

My schedule. I think if I have 3 PBEMs going (I have one now) I can do around 6-8 turns on Saturday, a similar number on Sunday, and 1 turn every day (sometimes twice a day, once before 6AM, the other after 7PM).

Send your setup to billwood@triad.rr.com.

I can start playing Friday night.

In Utmost Awe of CMBO,

Wilhammer

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>No cesspoolers though, the quality of my last cess pooler opponent's play has made a marked decline since he started posting in that hive of filth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That would, I presume, be a backhanded, semi-sly Utah lawyer type slam at myself? That's it lad, my boys will stain the snow with your blood and the drawers of your hapless tankers with ... well, this IS a family thread.

BTW, it's not a HIVE clown, just because Utah has the beehive as it's state emblem doesn't mean that EVERY collection of individuals is a hive ... it's more like ... an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major ... well you get the idea.

Joe

Actually, that would be a semi- sly backhanded slam at all of the cess poolers. But, as they say, if the shoe fits, wear it.

I would post more here about how your reinforcements are arriving just in time to find nothing more than a battalion of burned out hulks and dead bodies, but that sort of thing belongs in the cess pool, which I try to avoid like the plague that it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Banshee, I'm afraid that you're probably right, and as I stated, this probably won't work. I do know that BTS stated some time ago that they were hesitant to create new forums. I don't believe that this was because of the amount of work involved, but it gives them yet another place to have to monitor and police. It might be better for people to just post quick 'anyone for a PBEM' threads that quickly sink to the bottom when they are no longer current. I just notice that sometimes there are several of these going at once, lately. Oh, well, we'll see what happens. Maybe BTS will come on and give us their take or preferences on this issue.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the moderator issue is a non-issue, A) they could give the job to any number of people, if it isnt thread about finding a PBEM (& TCP/IP later) match, then it gets locked down. I would suspect there would be several people who would be itching to lock threads wink.gif (David for one, but I suspect he wants priveliges to the main forum smile.gif )

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Upwards, lads, and let's have some nice challenging going on!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Banshee wrote:

> I would suspect there would be several people who would be itching to lock threads (David for one, but I suspect he wants priveliges to the main forum)

Right matey, this is getting locked down, and you're banned! Oh hang on, I'm not a moderator. Damnit.

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GonzoAttacker:

I want to Play!! Be nice and I will be nice to you. I am willing to be allies, small map, 800 or less points, June 44, Foerest forest everywhere, Farmland. Send me a setup and I will be ready to rock and roll!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a coincidence! I am fully capable and predisposed to being nice. In fact, I am "oh so very nice" I remember MAJ Frank Burns when he said "its nice to be nice to the nice"

I'll send you a setup tommorow because I have to be really nice to my lovely girlfriend tonight. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

------------------

-Work Hard

-Type Fast

-Save Often

I enjoy using mechanized forces(no tanks either side). Havn't played "rule of 75 yet"but who knows.So if your interested in a mechanized meeting-engagement find me at tournamenthouse.com or just send me a file. Please include the parameters of the game you have chosen.

------------------

"I BEGIN BY TAKING.I SHALL FIND SCHOLARS LATER TO DEMONSTATE MY PERFECT RIGHT."

frederick II the great

Will be Home -8 hours GMT Will Play PBEM, any side, set up game and send it will start first five emails I recieve!! As soon as I walk in my door! Also willing to play DBL Blind any scenario posted last two Days MadMatt's Scenario Depot! Send The Setup now!

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Seanachai,

Greetings! How are you this fine day? If you would be so kind, please create a new setup as soon as our current match is concluded

thank you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ick. What are you doing here? Challenge me in a disgusting and reprehensible way over on the Peng Challenge Thread.

Oh, well played lads, well hit! Let's drive this thread back to the top!

------------------

Opponents for PBEM games can be found at The Tournament House ladder.

http://www.tournamenthouse.com

Playing on the ladder is just a way of making things a little more competitive. If you wanna try out your lastest experiment, then a "fun" game might be the way to go.

Otherwise, if you're looking for opponents who will give you their best game, T-House has a feature that always lets you see who's available for a PBEM and it's easier to read than a thread like this. Check it out.

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

Colonel_ Deadmarsh wrote

"Otherwise, if you're looking for opponents who will give you their best game, T-House has a feature that always lets you see who's available for a PBEM and it's easier to read than a thread like this."

Provided people who are <open> have the decency to reply yea or ney to a challenge,as it can get very frustrating with no replies after a few days.

------------------

Gramps