Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Rejoinging Teams: Facing Bug?

Guest Scott Clinton

Guest Scott Clinton

I have noticed in the 1.01 version that when I join teams back together into a full squad they often will end up doing a 180 degrees turn in facing as they 'join'.

For example: I had two teams finish thier moves in a woods facing south. After the action phase it showed them both side-by-side, facing south.

After I hit the "DONE" button the teams re-joined into a single team, but the squad was now facing north instead of south.

I have had this happen quite a few times now in the Carenten operation, but it does not happen every time.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Scott Clinton

Okay, there are difinatly some bugs in 'teams'.

I split a 12 man US glider squad in battle #2 of an operation. I frankly don't remember if they took any casualties or not. But at the beginning of the next battle I had two teams one with 8 men and the other with 7 men. When I rejoined the teams they became the mother of all US squads at 15 men strong.

(See below for images)

The 7-man team:

http://www.geocities.com/grumbling_grognard/7team.jpg

The 8-man team:

http://www.geocities.com/grumbling_grognard/8team.jpg

And the squad after joined:

http://www.geocities.com/grumbling_grognard/15squad.jpg

This could explain why the Germans had such respect for the US airborne after Normandy. wink.gif

(Steve, I have sent a save game file).

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 07-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 07-02-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Works fine...as a matter of fact that was the only one I got right the FIRST time! wink.gif

------------------

mabye its built into the scenerio. after reading D-DAY by Stephen Ambrose i learned that the germans thought they were facing overwhelming odds by the airborne drops due to the fact that they were so scattered.

Guest Scott Clinton

smile.gif

I don't think so. After rejoining the teams, the display shows only one figure graphic and the numerical value for number of men reads "-1" when there are actually 15 men in the squad (see pic).

smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

smile.gif

I don't think so. when there are actually 15 men in the squad (see pic).

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, maybe while split up they were out recruiting? Or maybe the Paras instituted their own form of the Press, and rounded up able bodied slackers and shoved rifles in their hands. Oh, and all that changing of facing was the result of a little quick close order drill, to break in the new guys. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-03-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

wink.gif Here, I was 'worried' that this super-squad was going to give me undo advantage in this game...so I put them out front and was going to let them take a few hits to get them back down to the right size.

Well, it turns out they are the biggest pussies on the planet! And they are Veterans too! smile.gif

As soon as the VERY FIRST burst of enemy fire hit within 25m, aimed at ANOTHER unit that took no losses from the shot...they went strait to "ROUTED", and have not recovered yet. That was two turns ago, while in command of their Platoon HQ...and they just sit by the Company HQ and cry "Maaamaaa". smile.gif

I think because the program shows their 'size' to be "-1" and loses at "13" it was messing up some morale check for incoming fire (it thought they had sustained some sort of tremendous casualties).

Only thing is, I had planned on letting them get shot-down to the correct size...now I can't even get them back on the line! Hmm...maybe I can draw some of the Ai's indirect fire with them...if they ever recover! biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 07-03-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Great! smile.gif

That is part of the problem. smile.gif

Just to be clear, this squad shows 15 men IN IT NOW. The most is could ever have is 12.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 07-03-2000).]