Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OT: What happen to Slapdragon?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slapdragon, Combat Mission is easy to play. Just remember, Shermans never get their guns damaged because they die like Red Shirts on Star Trek. Surely you remember that. smile.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I speak several languages (less well now after my episodes than before) but I am afraid that Lewis has completely lost me. If someone gets a chance can they translate Lewis's writings into English for me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he is just having a little bit of fun at your expense. The events he is refering to are trivial, though the last post was sorta funny.

It expect it will be a very intersting expiriance to read through your posts on this board with no memory of having made them. It's possible you may end up disagreeing with yourself wink.gif

------------------

Most people assume that the M in US vehicle designations means "Model". Thus, the Medium Tank M4 Sherman would be the "Model #4" Medium tank. This is incorrect. The M actually stands for "Mortality" and the number represents the life expectancy of the vehicle in minutes. - Bullethead

Guest Madmatt

Glad to see you bouncing back Slappy, you threw us all for a wild ride there for a bit.

As to Lewis, umm I have had the unique experience to be subjected to his errr, his ummm, well *him* for some time now and I still haven't figured it all out. I think I may be jealous of your memory loss in that respect.

Oh, and I don't know how much you remember of me, my website (CMHQ) or the few chat sessions we had but you ummm, still owe me twenty bucks. wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-17-2000).]

I am fascinated by it. Some of the older posts are coming back vaguely. The newer ones are gone, in part because of the methods they used to pull me from the seizure state causes. I am actually more fascinated by what others have written that what I have. It made me post the message which I will bump to the top for you..

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

My students handed me the game and said, "this is something you lost.".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they tell you how often?

Hope you get well soon.

Oh and Lewis, I am impressed (not that it means anything to you, I am sure). That is almost worth of knighthood in the Cesspool. A sense of humour hitherto undisclosed. Cute.

------------------

Andreas