Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OT: What happen to Slapdragon?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never truly understand how resourceful your students are until they come through in a pinch. The hijacked my e-mail andf maintained an active internet prescence for me for 5 days, while never "pretending" to be me. Great group of kids, as even now my typing has yet to come back.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Well, it may help your memory of Combat Mission to return if you buy yourself a Hamster Steve!!!

Get well soon,

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I do have to reread. Some of it makes immediate sense because it is a continuation of my old ASL writings, some of it is new. If anyone has URLs for particularly good arguments I am all ears, although my academic publishing will be taking front seat, and my Hippocampus needs some time to repair.

Guest barrold713

Here's to your quick and full recovery Slap. I hope every day brings back a cherished memory and a sponge bath by a stereotyped archetype Swedish nurse.

To help with your CM memory recall, I humbly submit the following tips:

1. Artillery is always a good thing except when on the receiving end.

2. Always anticipate being disappointed by air support.

3. Exposed infantry tends to get perforated at the most inopportune times

4. Armor is never as invulnerable as you might wish it were.

5. Tanks brewing up always looks cooler when it's the other guy's.

6. Having a panzerfaust/bazooka team around is always a good thing.

7. Being surprised by machineguns in a crossfire is always a bad thing.

8. Smoke rounds are your friend.

9. Alcohol does not make your battle plan better, it only soothes the pain of a bad one.

Get better soon!!!

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Thanks a lot guys.

For my playing, I have a form of brain damage that effects the hypocampus -- the doctors on this list could tell you more about it, and my playing skill people remember from my ASL PBEM days (anyone else glad you don't have to have 8 boards setup for 6 months anymore?) will likely be reduced, but not forever. I will be back and I promise to give at least a middlin fight to all challengers. Of course I owe 4 academic articles in two languages, one language (French) I have lost some of, so my time may be a bit dear for the rest of the semester, but that is not forever.

All of the support has really helped my recovery.

Steve

Well I wish you luck. The human mind and experience is a chancy thing. (?)

And no, I am not slapdragons alter-ego but yes; Fionn is both our evil cojoined twin (sister actually).

He is particularly funny looking (Fionn) and has strange miniature six fingured hands that sput out and type in a blur (he is located on my butt) as he spews horrific slurs (from his "mouth" orefice) while railing against the whole world.

He called S. Clinton a scut-monkey the other day. That made me chuckle.

He may be socially unacceptable (Fionn) and a barely tolerable "wiper" but he is a part of this whole CM thing as well as my butt. I feel he should be let back in and am willing to wear WWII style pajamas with the two button back hatch so as to allow him better keyboard freedom.

What say ye BTS?

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Well I wish you luck. The human mind and experience is a chancy thing. (?)

And no, I am not slapdragons alter-ego but yes; Fionn is both our evil cojoined twin (sister actually).

He is particularly funny looking (Fionn) and has strange miniature six fingured hands that sput out and type in a blur (he is located on my butt) as he spews horrific slurs (from his "mouth" orefice) while railing against the whole world.

He called S. Clinton a scut-monkey the other day. That made me chuckle.

He may be socially unacceptable (Fionn) and a barely tolerable "wiper" but he is a part of this whole CM thing as well as my butt. I feel he should be let back in and am willing to wear WWII style pajamas with the two button back hatch so as to allow him better keyboard freedom.

What say ye BTS?

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just when I think I am recovering, I read a post that goes completely by me. Must be the drugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Just when I think I am recovering, I read a post that goes completely by me. Must be the drugs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps I can explain. The upper half of our mutually cojoined twin is on me and the lower half is on you. Thats those two stubby leggy things sticking out your forehead. Notice how they flail happily when "Riverdance" music is playing?

It all is beginning to make sense now isnt it?

Lewis

Get well soon.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Thank you all very much -- between my students who hijacked my mail server and answered for me for four days while I was in ICU and the 100 messages of support I recieved from fellow gamers, I am surrounded by encouragement to regain my former mental capacity and retuen to teaching, publishing, and gaming (although gaming may be out until next semester).

Steve Jackson

Glad to see ya back. BTW, take your time to recover and after waiting for CM to arrive, I think I can wait for anything to happen.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Steve,

Take your time, health and recovery comes first and well, I think I am always give "newbie" a fair hand tongue.gif

BTW, when you think you can be back again, we can just start all over!

Get rest and get well.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Guest Scott Clinton

Sorry to here Slap, I have been off line at home for awhile. Speedy recovery!

Perhaps I will have a chance to beat you next time if you have to 'relearn' CM. wink.gif

As for the "Fionn comment", don't let it bother you. It is nothing new or worth your time.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 10-16-2000).]

I think there is something pretty spooky going on here (besides the cojoined twin deal).

Slapdragon was involved in a heated debate where he was obviously burning out after posting excessively (he also showed very funny characteristics towards the end of the thread). There was a mysterious loss of postings to that thread followed by the disappearence of memory cells in slapdragons brain box!!!!. Even Steve (BTS) commented that it was a wierd first!

Am I the only one that notices these things?

Lewis