Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Infantry Casualties Caused, or One Tough Squad

I was playing "Parker's Coressroads" as the American's over the weekend (don't worry, no spoilers here). I noticed that as the German's pushed into my perimeter, one squad seemed to be holding out. By the time I went to look at it, it was down to it's sergeant only. Then I noticed that the squad had 24 infantry casualties. It was wiped out two turns later (turn 34 of 35), having managed a nice round 25 casualties caused.

Now this seems like a remarkable number. Since this squad didn't engage until around turn 8, that's almost one per turn. I checked the other squads and it seems that 4 was the average. The most I can recall seeing before is 11.

So Sergeant Norton, Glider Infantry, goes in my little hall of fame. If all my squads had done that well....

------------------

Will

---

"The truly great thing is not to lose your nerve." --Unknown.

Doc!

Eeew, that sounds like a bug that has been adressed several patches ago. What version are you using?

Edit: Nevermind... Misread your point. Thought you meant your squad suffered24 casualties, not inflicted!

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

[This message has been edited by Juju (edited 12-04-2000).]

You get figures like that when you set up a good defense.

Especially if you play against AI.

If she's losing, she gets desperate and throws everything she has into the fire.

I think I had 50 caused, a while ago in a quick battle.

Total of about 700 casualties vs 90 of mine. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've seen squads wipe out 20-30 inf, if they're in a good position. Remember, this number isn't their actual kill number, it's the number of confirmed kills.

You should check out the Hero's Corner in CM HQ. It's full of other brave units like yours. I think Madmatt is accepting submissions for it, so if you want to write that squad up a citation for a medal, it would probably get posted.

BTW, as I'm sure you figured out, this isn't a bug like juju said.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska