What about the Pacific Theatre?

Hello.

Im new here so please dont hate me if someone has already asked this already.

There are a ton of games representing the European theatre, (although the demo of CM

blows them away) but i dont know of many depicting the pacific war.

I think it would be keen to fight in places like the Philip. Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turtle:

Hello.

Im new here so please dont hate me if someone has already asked this already.

There are a ton of games representing the European theatre, (although the demo of CM

blows them away) but i dont know of many depicting the pacific war.

I think it would be keen to fight in places like the Philip. Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Turtle.

Welcome to the forum.

FYI, this debate has been long and heated in the past, and if you do a search you will find more that you probably wanted to know on the subject. smile.gif

To quickly summarize, BTS has little interest for a variety of reasons for a Pacific Theater CM. Anyway, the next few in the series are already spoken for, so it is a debate that can be held off for several years. smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the game and the forum.

Darren

This is one subject I hope new folks keep bringing up without SEARCHing first because this looks to me like the best way to show BTS that the PTO/CBI is worth doing. Sadly, BTS has said they have no plans for the PTO/CBI but hopefully we can change their minds.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Big Time Software

It really doesn't need to be brought up any more. We know a decent number of people are interested in PTO, even if we aren't so hot to trot to do it. Simply put, our production schedule is booked solid, so at best it is 4 years away (i.e. CM5). Nothing is going to change that for all the reasons we have mentioned time and time again.

Steve

Hi Steve

We are all very hopeful to see BTS continue to grow and become more successful. You have indicated that your future production schedule is booked solid and "Nothing is going to change that"

I'm wishing you all the best success and may you become so profitable and grow so large that you can oversee and direct the production of perhaps more Combat Mission variations and updates simulatenously. With the Future that includes that large team of artists and programers who are flocking to your doors to be a part of this BOLD new Simmove 3D WWII strategy wargame intiative.

I look forward to your future success and profitabitly, so when is that IPO release date? smile.gif (IT could be BIG ) smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Simply put, our production schedule is booked solid, so at best it is 4 years away (i.e. CM5). Nothing is going to change that for all the reasons we have mentioned time and time again.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>