Terain Modeling

tank buster

Downloaded the demo, and to my chagrin found out that they way terrain is represented has not been changed at all. C'mon Major your main reason for the lack of elevations was that the game was designed for slower machines. Also many "OPFOR" view chemical weapons as conventional weapons. I can see excluding nuclear weapons as not fitting in with the tactical scope of the game but there is really no valid argument to the exclusion of various chemical weapons except that they are to dificult to model?

I tried to add unlimited elevations in 98 and failed. The show stopper was that it took too long to build one real world map using manual methods. I will get around to another attempt sooner or later.

I won't add chemical weapons unless a military customer demands it and pays for it.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

It might be nice to see 3 levels though. -1 normal and +1 This way there could be abstracted gullies without having to elevate the whole map. I also think that it'd add alot to the game without taking the massive amounts of time that it would to implement an unlimited or say 10 level elevation model.

Three is optimum I think.

Keith

The next time that I have a go at more elevations I will probably limit the initial attempt to representing 100 meter differences. If that worked OK, I would likely then try representing 20 meter differences.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com