Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How does patch affect PBEM??

Guest Madmatt

You HAVE to SAVE the ongoing game first in whatever verison you are playing (alt-s from within the game), then load it into v1.1 and it will procees as before but now with all the fixes and changes and ability to instaly convert the same between pbem, hotseat or TCP/IP.

Pretty nifty we thought.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

You HAVE to SAVE the ongoing game first in whatever verison you are playing (alt-s from within the game), then load it into v1.1 and it will procees as before but now with all the fixes and changes and ability to instaly convert the same between pbem, hotseat or TCP/IP.

Pretty nifty we thought.

Madmatt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, here is me being dense. (Sorry Matt) Lets assume I'm doing that PBEM thing with 12 different people. Do I have to load each and every one in 1.05, save it and then load that saved game in 1.1 and save again?

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Guest Madmatt

No, one guys saves the game in current old version (say 1.05 for simplicity sake). Doesnt matter who saves it, that guy will then have the updated file which he can in turn host to someone else that has v1.1 Thats all! You save it once in 1.05 and then you load it v1.1 and away you go. No more, no less. You guys are making it so much more difficult than it is.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-29-2000).]

Matt, I wasn't talking about hosting or TCPIP. I was talking about continuing my PBEM games. The steps I mentioned before are precisely what I had to do because the beta executible won't open ver 1.05 PBEM files.

sorry to be a pain in the ass

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 11-29-2000).]

Hiram -

Here is what you need to do.

1)Open the file most recent file you have from me in v1.05

2)View the slaughter befalling your troops.

3)Construct the 2-fingered salute by pressing and holding the 'Alt' key and then pressing the 'U' key.

4)Click yes to confirm the 'Convert to v1.1 dialog box.

5)Save file and return to me

Stop being a pain in Matt's ass. He doesn't need a wanker like you pestering him.

------------------

"THAT DUCK SHALL NOT HAVE DIED IN VAIN!"

- Senachai