Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Attacking Pillboxes, A problem solved...

When I had the demo, I always had a problem with trying to get my infantry out of a pillbox after they attack it. If you click on the pillbox, it gets selected and not the infantry. I did a search a while ago and couldn't find a thing on it.

For those of you who have the same problem, I finally found out a way to get those buggers out! Scale your infantry to the largest size (+4). When back away the camera from the pillbox until their heads start sticking out the top of the pillbox. Then select one of their heads and give the order you want.

I was really starting getting ticked at this!

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Well, that works. Or you can select another unit in the same org (platoon, whatever), then use the +/- keys to toggle to the one in the pillbox. Pretty fast and easy.

My problem was getting the guys to attack one from the rear. I finally targetted the thing and had them walk onto it, they eventually figured it out and snuffed the gun. :)

Here is an even simpler one: hit SHIFT-V to make vehicles disappear. Pillboxes disappear, too. It's also a good way to select embarked troops, btw.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

ROTFL....

I just read the thread title...

"Attacking Pillboxes, A problem solved..."

and imagined a nonhuman wave attack of charging pillboxes...and thought to myself...well if I would be charged by pillboxes I can imagine Teamski has problems fending that off...

sorry....

------------------

"All i hear is the Iron Cross sucks etc. " (GAZ_NZ)