Casting Call! Who wants to be a director?

guachi, you beauty. This must be we keep some of you folks all the way up in Billings. The weather keeps you inside doing research for 8 months of the year.

. . . and I thought Ambrosia just made great games.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

It was in the mid-60s(18C) today and 70(20C) on Thursday! Almost a record. Average temperature today would be about 48F(9C).

Billings is in what is called the 'banana belt' because of the banana shaped isotherms that swoop up the eastern sides of the Rockies. Sometimes in in the middle of winter it will be warmer here than in northern florida. There was no snow on the ground for Christmas (again).

Being in the middle of the continent gives Montana massive temperature swings. some place in Montana had a temperature swing once of about 100F in 24 hours. Another had a temperature change of 40F in less than an hour!

What does this have to do with CM? Nice weather makes the wait easier cuz I can go for a bike ride. And trying to model the dynamic weather that a place like Montana can experience would be icky.

saturday.jpg

Great LOS on this nice open terrain. They don't call Montana Big Sky country for just any old reason.

Jason

[This message has been edited by guachi (edited 03-25-2000).]

Guest morjit

Look's like this will make movies on the PC.

SnagIt

"With SnagIt Advanced Screen Capture you can capture single images or full screens, grab text from anywhere, and record movements on your screen to be replayed as a video file."

Boogied on over to shareware.com and typed in 'video capture' and got some good prospects.

In addition, shouldn't QuickTime Pro from Apple allow you to capture QT movies? I went to the apple site but it wasn't obvious to me if you could do full screen video captures or not.

Jason

Fionn I've tried 5 odd movie capture thingies for PC - they work ok - but not great due to max of 15 fps on a small 320x300 etc, forget 1024x768, you'll be lucky to get 5 fps smile.gif ALso CM cause a skipped frame every 5 or so frames, so every 5 frame is green with no detail frown.gif

Just buy a Video capture card

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest PeterNZ

For PC screen capture your 3d card can't be seperate. frown.gif

(Like my righteous card)

If anyone makes nice vids, let me know because i want to do some films with some people :>

PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

freelancl sent me a file, but damn windoze won't read his mac movie file :/

Still, it's being looked at, I have a couple of ideas for some fun videos.

Any idea of a good movie editing program, (free wink.gif ) that i can use to add sound, edit files and so on?

PeterNZ